The world’s very first smart golf shoe from Samsung Electronics (KRX:005930) spin-off IOFIT is now available for pre-sale on Kickstarter. IOFIT is the only wearable technology that analyzes a golfer’s balance to give them actionable feedback on their swing.
Professional golfers tell us that proper balance and weight shift are critical for players to generate power and consistency on their swing. IOFIT’s groundbreaking technology uses embedded sensors to track swing information from the ground up, acting as a virtual coach for players of all skill levels.
“In the past, the only way for golfers to get professional feedback on their swing was to hire a coach or purchase equipment that costs thousands of dollars,” said IOFIT CEO and Co-founder Jacob Cho. ”Now, with just a pair of shoes and an app, golfers can quickly and smartly improve their game while having fun.”
Key shoe features:
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Superior outsole traction
- Breathable textile lining
- 5 day battery life (Avg 2 hrs/day)
Key app features:
- Syncs via Bluetooth to iOS/Android on smartphone/tablet
- Optional video sync – create video of swing
- Swing comparison – compare stats with pros and receive actionable feedback
- Professional swing library – download swing data from top players
- Share your swing – send progress to friends or coaches
“It made sense for us to launch a product like IOFIT on Kickstarter because of its strong global community of innovators and technologists,” added Cho. “We brought a very experienced product development team together from leading companies like Samsung and PING to fulfill our mission to empower golfers with meaningful data.”
IOFIT is now available on Kickstarter for about 1 month, until September 7th, for anyone to purchase for $189. IOFIT has a funding goal of $30K and will ship to customers in February of 2017. You can view the campaign here and download product images and video here.