San Antonio, widely recognized as a top destination for family fun, is adding even more reasons for visitors to bring the whole family to the Alamo City. An exhilarating, first-of-its-kind roller coaster, naturalistic dolphin interactions and hands-on, one-of-a-kind exhibits are just a few examples of new experiences families can add to their itineraries. These new attractions, combined with more than $1,800 in discounts with SAVE, make San Antonio the place to be this summer.
Even repeat visitors can make new memories in San Antonio this summer with added experiences that include:
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas’ BATMAN™: The Ride: As the world’s first 4D, free-fly wing coaster, BATMAN: The Ride will thrust guests into a totally immersive, high-speed Gotham City adventure. Opening May 23, riders will board Batman’s latest creation, a mind-warping thrill coaster loaded with special effects and cutting edge construction. Magnetic fins will cause guests to flip as they fly over the top of a 12-story hill and two beyond vertical drops.
- SeaWorld San Antonio’s Pacific Point Preserve: The current area around the park’s sea lion facilities will be reimagined as Pacific Point Preserve, an immersive experience that has the look and feel of a Pacific coast town where guests will make powerful connections with sea lions and other coastal wildlife. Opening May 22, the new realm will feature exciting experiences including a new show, opportunities for guests to visit and feed sea lions and seals, and reservations for an in-water sea lion interaction programs. In addition, Pacific Point Preserve will feature all-new educational elements designed to inform guests about animals and how to protect them in their natural habitat.
- The DoSeum: Set on a 5.5-acre site on Broadway Street in the city’s Broadway Reach district, The DoSeum will feature interactive exhibits focused on science, technology, literacy, art, creativity and imagination. Opening June 6, The DoSeum’s state-of-the-art, 65,000-square-foot building will feature activities that make learning fun for children up to age 10.
- The Witte Museum’s Discover the Ice Age exhibit: Mammoths, saber-tooth cats, bears, cave people and gigantic “terror birds” last seen in Texas and Florida make this exhibit an exciting and educational exhibition about life during Earth’s last Ice Age. Opening May 23, Discover the Ice Age features fossils, casts and several life-sized animatronic models of animals with scientifically accurate movements, coloration, sounds and fur. This exhibition provides a unique and exciting walk through the Ice Age epoch for families and visitors of all ages.
- The Most Amazing Family Vacation Package Ever! The San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau is introducing anunforgettable series of family vacation packages that provide a one-step booking process and behind the scenes access to topSan Antonio experiences. Included is a three-night stay at the Drury Plaza Hotel in historic downtown, behind the scenes SeaWorld animal experiences, VIP access at the DoSeum and Witte Museum.
San Antonio’s new adventures are complemented by its SAVE program, which provides visitors deals to more than 70 hotels, resorts, bed and breakfasts, attractions, museums, shops and experience-oriented tours. Visitors can plan their perfect San Antonio summer getaway and secure their SAVE discounts at www.visitsanantonio.com or by downloading the SAVE in San Antonio app.
Below are a sample of events that will keep San Antonio visitors busy this summer. For more events, visit www.visitsanantonio.com.
- May 22 – August 15 (Friday and Saturday Nights): Fiesta Noche Del Rio – Arneson River Theatre
- May 23 – September 7: Discover the Ice Age – The Witte Museum
- 5 – 6: San Antonio Summer Art & Jazz Festival – Crockett Park
- 6: The DoSeum Grand Opening – The DoSeum
- 6: SA Family Pride Fair – Market Square
- 11: 20th Annual Zoo-La-La – San Antonio Zoo
- 13 – 14: Texas Folklife Festival – The Institute of Texan Cultures
- 13 – August 16: Summer Nights – SeaWorld San Antonio
- 18: 5th Annual Art in the Dark – The DoSeum
- 2 – 5: July 4th Arts & Crafts Show – River Walk (near Convention Center and Rivercenter Mall)
- 3 – 5: July 4 Fest – Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- 4: 2015 Pride “Bigger Than Texas” – Crockett Park
- 4: Stars & Stripes Over San Antonio – Alamodome
- 4: 4th of July Celebration – Woodlawn Lake Park
- 1: FORD Canoe Challenge – River Walk (near Convention Center and Rivercenter Mall)
- 14 – September 6 (Fridays – Sundays): West Side Story – Woodlawn Theatre