Overlooking the San Francisco Bay, San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfrontrecently completed an $18 million renovation of its stunning 688 guest rooms and suites to meet the evolving preferences of its guests.
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront recently completed an $18 million guest room renovation project to better accommodate the wants and needs of modern travelers. For information, visit www.marriott.com/SFOBG or call 1-888-236-2427.
Key to the project was the participation of hotel visitors — ranging from baby boomers to millennials. Travelers sampled and critiqued three guest room concepts. Their feedback influenced the overall guest room design, amenities and technological features.
“Today’s travelers are seeking sophisticated and stylish design that offers flexibility to personalize the guest room,” said General Manager Clifton Clark of San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront. “To respond in real time to the ever-fluid needs of travelers, we turned to our guests and Marriott’s Innovation Lab to reimagine our guest room experience.”
Contemporary sophistication inspired by waterfront location
Lauded by the World Wildlife Association for protecting the San Francisco Bay and its wildlife, the hotel designed the new guest roomsto showcase a beautiful bayside location while providing the contemporary style and conveniences coveted by travelers.
Key features of the renovated guest rooms and suites include:
- Chic design that unites the exterior environment of San Francisco Bay with the guest room interior to create an authentic sense of place. New decor emphasizes waterfront views, while artwork and other details echo this theme.
- Cool color palette and large picture windows, which create a serene coastal ambiance that is spacious and infused with natural light.
- Rooms defined by casual sophistication with streamlined chaise lounges, sleek design of modular furniture with flexible seating and tabletops that enable guests to personalize the room.
- Remodeled bathrooms offering sliding doors, walk-in showers with water-efficient rainfall heads, Thann natural skincare products and upgraded fixtures to evoke an in-room spa experience.
- Multiple plug-in units for mobile devices, Samsung 48-inch flat-panel televisions and lightning fast Internet access for work or play.
- Open-closet shelving design for flexible storage options and more floor plan space.
- Plush mattresses and choice of down or down-alternative pillows to ensure restful sleep.
Award-winning Baskervill, named one of the top 100 Giants by Interior Design, served as the interior design firm for the project.
A leading hotel for Marriott’s innovative technology & design
In 2014, Marriott Hotels launched its first M Club Lounge at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront. A next-generation concierge lounge, the inviting, 2,097-square-foot M Club Lounge features regional food and beverage offerings along with convenient tech amenities.
In helping lead Marriott Hotels’ integrated mobile services, the hotel offers meeting planners and Marriott Rewards guests the convenience of Marriott’s mobile app featuring:
- Red Coat Direct, which enables meeting planners to make updates and requests via their mobile devices for real time responses.
- Mobile check-in, room ready alerts and check-out for convenient hotel arrivals and departures while in transit.
- Mobile requests to ask for services and amenities before, during and after hotel stays.