SeaDream Yacht Club announces eight Wine Voyages designed by new Wine Director Ida Dønheim taking place from May 7 through November 5, 2016. Continuing its commitment to award-winning culinary experiences, guests onboard these itineraries will enjoy a selection of the world’s most well-known wineries, exclusive and rare wine tastings, excellent cuisine and wine pairings at the popular Winemaker’s Dinner, in which a local grower or winery shares treasures from their own cellars.
“As SeaDream continues to set the yachting vacation standard, most recently recognized as the ‘Best Niche Cruise Line’ by the experts at Virtuoso, our team understands the importance of always innovating the guest experience,” shares SeaDream Yacht Club President Bob Lepisto. “Ida’s attention to detail in every aspect of the new Wine Voyages ensures the ultimate wine experience at sea and ashore pairing our outstanding culinary team’s service with the most scenic backdrops in the world.”
SeaDream I and SeaDream II will sail along the Mediterranean coastline visiting exclusive ports and harbors in Italy, Spain, Greece and France’s renowned wine country. Each voyage will offer heightened experiences for beginners and veteran oenophiles with itineraries that have been expertly curated by Dønheim, a seasoned chef and sommelier. Activities include visits to boutique vineyards; casual tastings organized throughout sailings to highlight local producers from regions visited; and in-depth tastings that focus on a specific topic, grape or region led by Dønheim, the winemaker or an internationally recognized wine expert.
A SeaDream guest favorite, the Winemaker’s Dinner will feature top cuvees and select wines offered in earlier tastings allowing guests to experience a proper food and wine pairing and how the wine changes character when served with food. This dinner will feature a specially crafted menu to complement the wine of the winery joining for the evening.
SeaDream Yacht Club’s Wine Voyage itineraries for 2016:
- Seven-day Barcelona to Nice Wine Voyage, departing May 7, 2016 aboard SeaDream II – including overnights in Monte Carlo, Monaco and St. Tropez, France; and visitng Sanary-sur-Mer, Sete, Cannes and Nice, France; and Barcelona and Roses, Spain.
- Six-day Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia (Rome) Wine Voyage, departing May 18, 2016 aboard SeaDream II – visiting Monte Carlo, Monaco; St. Tropez, France; and Portofino, Cinque Terre, Florence, Lucca, Porto Ercole and Rome, Italy.
- Seven-day Cannes to Civitavecchia (Rome) Wine Voyage, departing June 4, 2016 aboard SeaDream I – visiting Monte Carlo, Monaco; Cannes, France; and Portofino, Cinque Terre, Florence, Elba, Porto Ercole and Rome, Italy.
- Seven-day Civitavecchia (Rome) to Athens (Piraeus) Wine Voyage, departing June 11, 2016 aboard SeaDream II – visiting Rome, Capri, Pompeii, and Taormina (Etna) Sicily, Italy; Fiskardo, Kefalonia, Galaxidi (Delphi), Corinth Canal, and Athens (Piraeus), Greece.
- Seven-day Civitavecchia (Rome) to Nice Wine Voyage, departing September 10, 2016 aboard SeaDream I – including an overnight in Monte Carlo, Monaco and visiting Porto Ercole, Elba, Florence, Cinque Terre and Portofino, Italy; and Nice, France.
- Seven-day Nice Roundtrip Wine Voyage, departing September 15, 2016 aboard SeaDream I – visiting Nice, Cannes, Sanary-sur-Mer, Cassis and St. Tropez, France; Monte Carlo, Monaco and San Remo, Italy.
- Seven-day Civitavecchia (Rome) to Cannes Wine Voyage, departing October 1, 2016. – visiting Rome, Elba, Florence, Cinque Terre and Portofino, Italy; and Villefranche-sur-Mer, St. Tropez and Cannes, France.
- Seven-day Cannes to Malaga Wine Voyage, departing October 29, 2016 – visiting Cannes, St. Tropez, Cassis and Collioure, France; and Barcelona, Valencia, Cartagena and Malaga, Spain.
Inclusive yachting fares begin at $4,199 based on double occupancy. For inquiries, contact Richard Jones Business and Development Director, SeaDream Yacht Club on +66 81-970-8487 or email [email protected] or visit www.SeaDream.com