Intrepid Travel has added two brand-new trips to its popular range of Sailing Adventures in Europe with a cruise down the peaceful Canal du Midi in southern France and a journey through the waters around Sardinia and Corsica.With most European sailing trips at full capacity this year, including trips in Greece, Croatia and the Cote D’Azur, Intrepid expects these unique new adventures to be a hit with travellers wanting to experience life on the seas in a small group rather than on big cruise ships.
Canal du Midi
On board a small boat with a maximum of eight people, this trip cruises down the 300 year old tree-lined Canal du Midi in southern France over eight leisurely days. This unique cruise allows the group to set its own pace and itinerary, having the choice of hopping on and off the boat at any point to stroll, hike or cycle through scenic countryside, dine on provincial French food and mingle with the locals.
Travellers will experience:
- A guided tour through the Cite de Carcassonne, the largest fortified medieval city in Europe with a fairy-tale castle and ramparts, stone arched bridges and cobbled streets.
- A visit to a family-run vineyard in Minervois to sample the local wines made from centuries-old vintner traditions.
- Riding along the banks of Villepinte.
- The night market that lines the canal in Trebes.
The Canal du Midi is from $1995 per person with the first departure on 9 May 2016. For more information visit:
Sardinia & Corsica Sailing Adventure
Intrepid’s latest Sailing Adventure treads waters where traditionally only the wealthy play on private yachts – this is the ultimate millionaire’s trip on a budget. A maximum of nine people will set sail across some of the clearest, bluest water on Earth and island hop between the southern Italian island of Sardinia and the French island of Corsica.
- The white sandy beaches and emerald-green waters of Costa Smeralda, known as the Millionaire’s Playground.
- Snorkelling in the coves of Caprera Island, known for its wild goat inhabitants.
- The ancient fortified city of Bonifacio with its medieval houses teetering on the edge of imposing limestone cliffs.
- The uninhabited islands of the Maddalena Archipelago.
Sardinia and Corsica Sailing Adventure is from $1795 per person with the first departure on 21 May 2016. For more information visit: www.intrepidtravel.com/italy/sardinia-corsica-sailing-adventure-94397
Intrepid is currently offering 15% off these trips as part of the Europe earlybird offer. Book by 31 October 2015 and travel between 1 April and 30 September 2016.