Mother’s Day is around the corner and we’ve collated our recommendations of seven spots in The Margaret River Region to take your Mum this Sunday, to make her day!
- The Berry Farm: Surely an all-time favourite of Mums, the Berry Farm is the perfect Mother’s Day outing. Taste their home-made jams, preserves and fruit wines, then head over to the cosy cafe for lunch or devonshire tea. The local blue wrens might even pop over to say g’day! Tip: Stop into Swallows Welcome Winery & Art Studio on the way home.
- Mammoth Cave: If your Mum’s not keen to don the overalls and headtorch, at Mammoth she doesn’t have to – it’s a super accessible cave, with boardwalks and lighting and no crawling required. Take your time, then drop into Cafe Boranup afterwards for a bite to eat.
- Goanna Gallery and Bush Cafe: Just a short drive from Dunsborough but far enough to avoid the crowds, Goanna Gallery and Bush Cafe is the perfect place for brekky or lunch. The menu is all about fresh local produce (the brisket burger is delish!), and you can even pick up a last minute gift for Mum in the gallery next door – just don’t let her spot you!
- Busselton Jetty: If your Mum is one of those walking types (aren’t most Mums?) stroll down the two kilometre long timber jetty and take the time to remind her of all the reasons why you love her. The Goose Cafe is a great spot for brekky or lunch after you’ve stretched your legs.
- Arimia Estate: Alright so we’re giving the secret away here, but this is definitely one of our favourites. Tucked down a gravel road, serving delicious food and some interesting wine varieties including Verdelho and Mouvedre, if your Mum doesn’t love this place we will eat our hat. Or preferably Arimia’s prosciutto, mushroom and goat’s cheese pizza instead.
- Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse: If your Mum’s fit and doesn’t mind heights, take her up the Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse for spectacularly rugged views and a selfie up the top. Finish with a hot cuppa and a fresh scone with jam and cream at the Lighthouse Cafe.
- Brookwood Estate: Heading east from Cowaramup is a treasure trove of lesser-known stops, including Brookwood Estate – a fabulous spot for lunch or a wine tasting (or both!). In case Mum prefers beer – or maybe Dad’s coming along too – they even serve Colonial beer on tap. Winning.