Lizard Island has announced its second Food and Wine Event with celebrated chef Shane Delia, island Executive Chef Mark Jensen and wines by Penfolds and Yarra Valley producer, Levatine Hill Estate.
Since reopening in June 2015, following a $50 million refurbishment, Executive Chef, Mark Jensen has been creating a strong profile for Lizard Island’s food and wine experience and for the September event the award-winning chef, restaurateur and author Shane Delia will join him.
Delia’s Spice Journey is a global success and highlights the chefs his passion, knowledge and skills in creating the perfect balance of spices inspired by the Middle East. Mark Jensen’s passion for the spices of South East Asia clearly influences his daily menus and will be showcased to a new level during the Food and Wine Event.
The three-day itinerary allows guests to tailor their experiences. At the very heart is the food and wine, to follow is a taste of what guests will enjoy:
- Penfolds Wine Master Class
- Dinner – Island Spice by Mark Jensen, with matching Penfolds wines
- Master Class and luncheon – presented by Mark Jensen
- Levantine Hill Estate Wine Master Class at sunset
- Dinner – Spice Journey by Shane Delia, with matching Levantine Hill Estate wines
- Master Class and luncheon – presented by Shane Delia
- Evening drinks on a Sunset Cruise
- 6 course Degustation Dinner – by Mark Jensen and Shane Delia, with matching wines from Penfolds and Levantine Hill Estate
Gift – signed copy of Shane Delia’s most recent book – Spice Journey and a selection of Maha spices.
“The opportunity to keep my spice journey evolving on Lizard Island will be exciting. I look forward to working with Mark Jensen and the local produce of the region to bring some truly amazing flavours to life during the Master Class and dinner events”, said Shane Delia.
“This is our second Food and Wine Event this year – and the spice theme just plays perfectly into my true culinary passion for complexities and varieties of the spices of South East Asia. Working with Shane will be a highlight”, commented Mark Jensen.
If you are ready to join Shane Delia on this unmissable spice journey at Lizard Island, contact 1800 837 185 (from within Australia) or email [email protected]. http://www.lizardisland.com.au/foodandwine