Shangri-La Presents Eight World Master Chefs For A One-Week Star-Studded “Shangri-La International Festival Of Gastronomy”
Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong announces the participation of Executive Chinese Chef Mok Kit Keung from Michelin two-starred Shang Palace in the inaugural Shangri-La International Festival of Gastronomy, in which he and seven other culinary masters from around the globe in five world cities will conjure up concurrently works of gastronomic wonder at eight Shangri-La restaurants for five nights from 27 to 31 October 2015. No hotel group has taken the guest chef phenomena to such illustrious heights, launching a festival across five cities and highlighting its range of restaurants and culinary excellence.
Gastronomy is truly an art form, and the acclaimed star chefs – whose restaurants collectively hold 15 Michelin stars – will prepare dinner menus showcasing each of their distinctive food philosophies.
During the festival, Chef Mok will delight diners with a specially designed six-course set menu featuring traditional and innovative Cantonese creations flecked with his artistic touch and surprising flavours.
Available at HK$1,288 plus 10 per cent per person, the set menu includes, but is not limited to French Oyster with Okinawa Green Pepper Pomelo Sauce, Sautéed Fresh Milk and Egg White Crab Coral Roe served in a Mini Golden Cup, Chilled Marinated Spanish Iberico Pork Rolls with Spicy Garlic Sauce, Pan-Fried Suckling Pig stuffed in Shrimp Paste topped with Caviar, Braised Crab Claw stuffed with Imperial Bird’s Nest Soup and Sea Urchin served in Supreme Broth.
The menu also features Smoked Cod Fillet (Sustainable Glacier 51) with Oolong Tea and Deep-Fried Flower Cod Fillet with Hawthorn Sauce, Stir-Fried Spotted Garoupa Fillet with White Truffle and Hairy Crab Roe, Pan-Fried Kagoshima Diced Wagyu Beef with Spring Onion accompanied by Deep-Fried Bean Curd with Spicy Salt, Wok-Fried Lobster and Teochew Noodles with White Pepper Corn and many more.
Guests can end the meal on a sweet note with Baked Egg White and Almond Tart with Gold Leaf, Honey Comb Ice Cream and Coffee Egg Roll with Mousse or Crispy Purple Sweet Potato with Bird’s Nest Pastry, Chilled Sakura Pudding with Lime Flavour and Crispy Fried Pumpkin Custard Pastry.
Guests will also find that Chef Mok’s special menu for the festival pairs flawlessly with specialty tea infusions that can be customised by the hotel’s tea sommelier Kenneth Law, one of a few nationally recognised tea masters in Hong Kong.
For details or reservation, please call (852) 2733 8988 or visit https://www.shangri-la.com/hongkong/kowloonshangrila/dining/restaurants/shang-palace/book-a-table/ to book online.
Seven other chefs headlining the Shangri-La Festival of Gastronomy 2015 are:
- Enrico Bartolini from the two Michelin-starred Devero Restaurant will travel from Italy to be at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok’s Restaurante Riva.
- From Modena, Italy comes Massimo Bottura of Michelin three-starred Osteria Francescana, which ranked second in this year’s World’s 50 Best Restaurants. He will be at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore’s BLU Bar.
- Mauro Colagreco of Michelin two-starred Mirazur, which ranked 11thamong this year’s World’s 50 Best Restaurants, will travel from the Cote D’Azur to be at Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong’s Restaurant Petrus.
- Ip Chi Cheung of the Michelin two-starred Summer Palace at Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong will serve a special menu during the International Festival of Gastronomy.
- Christophe Moret of the Michelin-starred L’Abeille at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris will present his unique menu during the festival.
- Giancarlo Perbellini of the Michelin two-starred Casa Perbellini in Italy will be at Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai’s Calypso Restaurant.
- Samuel Lee Sum of the Michelin-starred Shang Palace at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris will serve a special menu for the festival.
- The official microsite for the Shangri-La International Festival of Gastronomy, featuring detailed information on the guest chefs, their menus and the participating restaurants, will launch 14 September 2015 at http://www.shangrilalovesfood.com.