Shangri-La Presents Eight World Master Chefs For A One-Week Star-Studded ‘Shangri-La International Festival Of Gastronomy’
Setting a new precedent, the inaugural Shangri-La International Festival of Gastronomy will host eight culinary masters from around the globe in five world cities, where they will conjure up concurrently works of gastronomic wonder in eight Shangri-La restaurants for five nights from 27 to 31 October. No hotel group has taken the guest chef phenomena to such illustrious heights, launching a festival across five cities and highlighting its range of restaurants and culinary excellence.
Gastronomy is truly an art form, and the acclaimed star chefs – whose restaurants collectively hold 15 Michelin stars – will prepare dinner menus that showcase each of their distinctive food philosophies. The eight chefs headlining The Shangri-La International Festival of Gastronomy 2015 are:
- Enrico Bartolini, hailing from the two Michelin-starred Devero Restaurant, will travel from Italy to be at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok’s Angelini Restaurant & Bar.
- From Modena, Italy comes Massimo Bottura of three Michelin star Osteria Francescana, which was ranked second in this year’s World’s 50 Best Restaurants awards. He will be at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore’s BLU.
- Mauro Colagreco of two Michelin star Mirazur, which ranked 11th among the World’s 50 Best Restaurants this year, will travel from the Cote D’Azur to be at Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong’s Restaurant Petrus.
- Ip Chi Cheung of the two Michelin-starred Summer Palace at Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong will serve a special menu during the International Festival of Gastronomy.
- Mok Kit Keung of two Michelin star Shang Palace at Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong will also serve a special menu during the festival.
- Christophe Moret of Michelin star L’Abeille at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris will present his unique menu during the festival.
- Giancarlo Perbellini of two Michelin star Casa Perbellini in Italy will be at Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai’s Calypso restaurant.
- Samuel Lee Sum of the Michelin star Shang Palace in Shangri-La Hotel, Paris will serve a special menu for the festival.
Visit www.shangrilalovesfood for detailed information on the guest chefs, their menus and the restaurants featured in the Shangri-La International Festival of Gastronomy. Reservations can be made directly with participating hotels by phone via each hotel’s restaurant page on http://www.shangri-la.com.