Inbound travelers can borrow routers at the Shizuoka City Tourist Information Center at the north entrance to JR Shizuoka Station. With the routers, free Internet connections are available anytime and anywhere while travelers are in Japan.
Shizuoka, situated near Mount Fuji that has been designated as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site, is conveniently located; the travel time from Tokyo is one hour and that from Osaka is two hours.
– Routers are lent for free without prior reservations
Inbound tourists can borrow mobile Wi-Fi routers for free if they meet the following two conditions:
- Showing their passports and sign up for the service;
- Photographing a designated POP on a smartphone and other mobile communications devices and uploading it through their SNS accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
One router is lent to one person in principle. (In group tours, one router may be lent to a certain number of individuals.)
– Travelers are supposed to borrow routers at Shizuoka Station and return them at airports where they depart fromJapan.
- Those who borrow routers can use them anywhere in Japan until they leave the country.