SkyTeam, the global airline alliance, has added further enhancements to its Global Meetings product, a dedicated travel solution for the Meetings Industry, to make arranging travel to international meetings and events easier than ever. New features include:
- Upgraded schedule page – an easy-to-read table summarizing SkyTeam airlines operating services to the chosen destination on the required date of travel with a range of prices so attendees can easily choose an option that best suits their needs.
- Benefits at-a-glance – updated welcome page for attendees including more detailed information about the benefits of booking travel via Global Meetings.
“The take-up of our Global Meetings product has increased 18% year-over-year with a number of high-profile organizations choosing SkyTeam as their preferred alliance partner for their international events,” said Edward Hollo, SkyTeam’s Manager Commercial development. “Our innovative approach means we have developed a product tailored to every aspect of the meetings industry in terms of size, network scope and value.”
Launched in 2013, Global Meetings is designed for small as well as large-scale events. It is available across all SkyTeam’s 20 member airlines to 1,062 destinations, including all the MICE travel hotspots throughout North and Latin America, theCaribbean, Europe, Greater China, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Global Meetings is free to sign up for and offers numerous benefits for event organizers and attendees alike, such as:
- 50-attendee minimum – the lowest in the industry – and no maximum, with attendees flying from at least two countries, other than the one where the event is held.
- Industry-leading discounts – of up to 15% off economy and business travel, including promotional fares. Global Meetings searches for the best-available fare for attendees, which they can book online via a dedicated portal.
- Incentives and rewards – one free ticket for every 50 booked makes Global Meetings a rewarding program for event organizers. SkyTeam also offers a comprehensive marketing package to promote the event as well as a dedicated support desk.
A new look for SkyTeam.biz
Meanwhile, SkyTeam.biz – the dedicated online resource for travel professionals – has been incorporated into SkyTeam.com under a new ‘For Travel Agents’ section, providing smooth access to all SkyTeam services within the same website.
“We greatly value the contribution that travel professionals make to SkyTeam’s business,” said Hollo. “By providing all the need-to-know tools and information under the one website, we’re making it easier for them to sell SkyTeam with the confidence that comes from product-knowledge, adding value to the service they provide their customers.”
SkyTeam is the global airline alliance with 20 member airlines working together to offer seamless travel on an extensive global network. From top hubs around the world, SkyTeam members provide reliable and comfortable journeys to over 1,050 destinations. SkyTeam customers can unwind in 629 lounges as they travel, earn and redeem Frequent Flyer Miles. SkyTeam Elite Plus customers are eligible for SkyPriority services. The 20 members are: Aeroflot, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Aeroméxico, Air Europa, Air France, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Garuda Indonesia, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Middle East Airlines, Saudia, TAROM, Vietnam Airlines and Xiamen Airlines. SkyTeam welcomes 665 million customers each year on more than 17,343 daily flights to 1,062 destinations in 177 countries.