Social networks have become extremely popular in Sol Hotels, with the brand in tune with the pulse of a new generation of holidaymakers to reinvent the vacation experience. First came the transformation of the Sol Wave House Hotel (Magaluf, Mallorca) into the world’s first Tweet Experience Hotel in 2013, revolutionizing the way guests could create relationships within a hotel. After the success of the Tweet Experience, the new Sol House brand continues to promote the use of social networks to improve guest experience and help them create new ways to interact and make the most of their holiday. Using the new Flirtie app, the Sol Wave House and Sol House Trinidad hotels in Mallorca now guarantee even more fun, friendships and experiences, and more surprises in a virtual community.
Flirtie is only available through the hotels’ Wi-Fi network, which guests can access from their mobile phones or other devices. Flirtie is very easy to use:
• Download the app to your smart phone or tablet through App Store or Google Play.
• Create your profile adding your tastes, hobbies… and you can also add an Instagram account.
• Discover users with similar tastes by answering the question of the week.
• Flirtie or Pass? The app will suggest profiles similar to yours.
• Date! Did you “Flirtie” with someone? As soon as you make the date, chat is activated. After 7 days dating, is that the end or will things go further?
Meliá Hotels International (meliahotelsinternational.com) was a pioneer in introducing Twitter as an tool for interaction between guests and the hotel. After two years and a great deal of success, Sol Hotels continues to expand its services and lead social change. As explained by Juan Escarrer, General Manager of both hotels,“the Sol House concept is another step forward in meeting the expectations of an increasingly experienced and social guest through new technologies and social networks”.