We hate to make you feel old, but Friday 8th July is the 20th anniversary of one of the most iconic girl power tracks ever produced; ‘Wannabe’ by Spice Girls – yes we know, we Wannabe a little younger on hearing this too!
With a jaw-dropping 94 million streams alone for their smash hit ‘Wannabe’ and 1000 years of Spice Girls music streamed on Spotify in total, we feel that this is an anniversary worth celebrating… whether you fancied yourself as Scary, Posh, Baby, Sporty or Ginger Spice.
Some more interesting Spice Girls data from the platform can be found below:
- There are a whopping 6.7million playliststhat include the Spice Girls worldwide
- The Spice Girls still have a huge fan-base, with 2.6million monthly listeners
- If you’re looking to join the majority to get your Spice Girls fix, 5pmon a Thursday is the most popular time to listen to the Spice Girls
- Top 3 albums streamed on Spotify are: Spice, Spiceworld and Forever
- Top 5 countries that stream Spice Girls are: US, UK, Brazil Germany and Mexico(highest to lowest)
- Top 5 cities that stream Spice Girls are: London, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Santiago, Los Angeles(highest to lowest)
- Spice Girls listeners on Spotify are made up by Men (37%) and women (63%)