Today Spotify is pleased to announce the launch of Spotify Premium for Students in Hong Kong. Spotify Premium for Students allows all registered students to enjoy Spotify Premium – and all of the many benefits that come with being a Premium subscriber – for half the usual price.
Today’s launch of Spotify Premium for Students means that college/university students in Hong Kong are now able to purchase Spotify Premium for HKD29 per month, which is half the standard price. The offer is open to students for every year of their student life, and is available immediately from today. Students simply need to visit https://www.spotify.com/hk-en/student, where they can sign up for the offer and start enjoying all of the world’s music wherever and whenever they want to listen.
Now for only HKD29 per month, students can enjoy the benefits of Spotify Premium:
o Uninterrupted music without any ads
o Instant access to over 30 million songs whenever you want them – just hit play
o Take your collection offline – listen to songs and playlists anywhere without using up data
o Better sound quality with Spotify Premium
To launch the Student offer, we’re partnering with SheerID, a proven leader in authentication and eligibility verification software, to help administer and support the programme.
Spotify is launching Spotify Premium for Students today in 33 countries* worldwide, taking our global Student offering to 36 markets** – making it the biggest music streaming offer for students in the world by geographical reach.
Alex Norstrom, Spotify’s Chief Premium Business Officer, commented: “We are really excited to launch Spotify Premium for Students all over the world today – now the biggest and best student offer of its kind in the marketplace. Students are among the most passionate and engaged music fans, and we’re proud to be able to give millions of students the opportunity to soundtrack their lives with Spotify Premium for half price.”
*AT, AU, BE, BR, CA, CH, CL, CO, CZ, DK, EC, EE, ES, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, ID, IE, IT, JP, LT, LU, LV, MX, NL, NZ, PH, PL, PT, SG, TR.
**US, UK, DE already have the Student offer live
To celebrate today’s launch, we have taken a look at how Students listen on Spotify. We discovered:
- Closer by The Chainsmokers is the most popular track with students in Hong Kong, based on listening habits of 18-21 year-olds over the last 12 months.
- Globally, students are the biggest music fans on Spotify: Students listen to about 70 percent more hours of music per week than typical users on average.
- Globally, students listen to the most music on Saturdays, with the peak time at 5pm.
- All of the Top Ten biggest days for students to listen to music that helps them to Study/Focus are in mid-December, with the peak day landing on December 12.
- We looked into the types of ‘moments’ playlists that students listen to, and by studying the amount of time spent listening to each, we can see that Students are spending less time studying than they do chilling, working out or partying. But, they are studying more than they are romancing or gaming.
- The most popular genres of music for students to listen to:
- Dance Pop
- Pop Rap
- Southern Hip Hop
- Hip Hop
- Trap Music
- Dwn Trap
- Post-Teen Pop
- Gangster Rap