Australia’s number one holiday rental website, Stayz, has today announced the winners of its 2015 Holiday Rental Awards. In its fourth consecutive year, the annual awards highlight the very best holiday rentals across a portfolio of more than 45,000 rentals listed on Stayz.com.au in over 2,000 unique locations nationally.
This year, Stayz has introduced two new categories – Best for Gourmet Getaways and Best Unique Property – as acknowledgement of the growing demand for unique experiences coupled with unrivalled foodie destinations. The Awards represent not only the best rental properties across the nation but also those that are on trend and meeting consumer demand.
Stayz appointed a panel of industry expert judges to determine the standout holiday rentals across eight categories on both a national and state level. The national winners are:
• Best for Gourmet Getaways: Bonnay, Hunter Valley, NSW § This charming cottage, sleeping six, is a delightful haven in the Hunter Wine region. Just a short drive from some of the best cellar doors and hatted restaurants in the area, guests can head out to taste the local gourmet produce or just relax and enjoy the ambience this property offers. Guests can cook up a storm with the BBQ, large country kitchen and generous dining area, which is ideal for hosting a dinner party or long lunch.
• Best Unique Property: Casa Alberto Via Roma, Isle of Capri, QLD § Known as “The Flinstones House”, this mansion sleeps 12 and boasts a solar heated pool with ‘coral’, a private jetty, an eight-person spa, multiple sun lounges, a private beach, plus everything the family would need to go fishing or to just keep the kids entertained.
• Best for Indulgence: The Ocean Retreat, Falmouth, TAS § The Ocean Retreat is a stunning contemporary property with 180-degree waterfront views, decked out with luxury furnishings, including heated bathroom floors that will leave every guest wanting to return. Sleeping ten, the property features a heated plunge pool that overlooks the ocean, an outdoor open fireplace, large deck and a spa bath.
• Best Property for Outdoor Lovers: Deep Creek Retreat, Delamere, SA § No TV here. Voted as a national finalist for best eco house in 2013, this two bedroom solar and wind powered house features an open plan living area with stunning views of the valley and Kangaroo Island. Guests can enjoy nature at its best by strolling through a secret garden, taking an outdoor shower or simply gazing at the stars on the outdoor decking.
• Best Pet-Friendly Property: Culburra House, Culburra, NSW § Located on the beach and featuring an open plan living space, Culburra House is ideal for holidaymakers travelling with pets. The property features a fully enclosed, secure garden so your furry friends will be safely contained. In addition to this, a selection of dog bowls and tags, with the property’s address, are available for use during your stay. Furry friends can also enjoy the outdoors with a leash free and dogfriendly beach just steps away.
Best Property for Romance: Thalia Haven, Little Swanport, TAS § Four separate pavilions, sleeping eight, allows for plenty of space to relax. There’s a sauna, outdoor bath, outdoor shower (overlooking Great Oyster Bay) and bedrooms that are equipped with king-sized beds with custom-made duvets, plus each room has sweeping ocean views. Candlelit dinners and baths overlooking the ocean are a must at this property.
• Best Property for Families: Play Shack 2 River Front, Sawmill Settlement/Merrijig, VIC § This rustic log cabin, combined with modern architecture, is the ultimate family haven. Sleeping up to 16, two distinct wings provide peace and quiet – upstairs is for playing and downstairs is for relaxing. Property features include a pool, a variety of games and entertainment for the kids – such as a ping-pong and air hockey table – plus direct river access which is perfect for afternoon drinks or fishing.
• People’s Choice: Tyntynder Lodge, Bright, VIC § Set amongst a peaceful haven for nature lovers, this property sleeps up to eight and houses everything a guest could want. Providing guests with a gift bag on arrival, Tyntynder Lodge boasts an open fire, BBQ, DVD player with an array of movies on offer, a playground for the kids, plus a beautiful deck and garden. Located close to the town and just 100m from the river, guests can easily enjoy all that the local area has to offer.
Anton Stanish, General Manager, Stayz said, “We are incredibly proud to have such a diverse range of inspirational holiday rentals available across Australia. We recognise Australians’ love for unique experiences, coupled with awe-inspiring locations, and we’re thrilled to be able to offer holidaymakers an option to suit every need, interest, group size and budget.
“Our annual Holiday Rental Awards recognise the leading holiday experiences across Australia, from the family friendly and the indulgent, to the pet friendly and more. Whether it’s a gourmet getaway or a family weekend away, there’s something for everyone. On behalf of Stayz I’d like to congratulate all of the winning property owners on their commitment to delivering phenomenal guest experiences. These homes truly are the crème-de-la-crème of each category.”
For a full list of all the state and national winners, please go to http://awards.stayz.com.au/winners.