Sule Shangri-La, Yangon launches its Rooted in Nature sustainable initiatives, featuring authentic Myanmar recipes with locally sourced ingredients and permanently showcasing Rooted in Nature in menus and Café Sule’s buffet counter.
This initiative is in line with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts’ Rooted in Nature campaign to celebrate the most exceptional food purveyors highlighting locally or ethically sourced food offerings. With the culinary sustainability initiative, the group aims to:
- support local agricultural and fishing communities,
- buy chemical pesticide-free local produce,
- source from free-range livestock and poultry products where possible,
- acquire sustainably sourced seafood caught through ethical means,
- and serve organic and fair-trade products indicated by national and local food safety standards.
- From small organic farms in Shan State to fishing villages in the Irrawaddy River Region, Executive Chef Roshan Fernando and Chef Aung “Oliver” Kyaw Zaw locally source out the ingredients for authentic local dishes and recipes such as the Shan Baked Fish, River Prawn Curry, Stuffed Baby Gourd with Chicken, White Fungus Salad, and Mandalay Rum Sour. All these flavourful recipes and more shall be featured in our Rooted in Nature buffet counter for our “Myanmar Night” every Tuesday at Café Sule as well as in the new menus represented by trademark the pea shoot logo beside the dish.
For inquiries and reservations, please call our Food & Beverage team at (01) 242828, Extension 6401, 6402 or email to email@example.com.