Sunsail is proud to announce that the company will be investing in its Mallorca base this summer. With a greater choice of boats and a permanent Sunsail team in place, this means an enhanced and evolving fleet offering and service for our customers.
Joining the current fleet of the Sunsail 41, 47’s, and 444, will be four 36i’s and an additional 41 in the next couple of months, ready for the peak sailing season.
Scott Farquharson, General Manager said, “Mallorca is a wonderful destination to be discovered by boat. This latest news is testament to Sunsail’s commitment to offer our customers choice, quality and value on their sailing holiday in the best sailing destinations and on the best boats.”
Sailing the aquamarine coastline of Mallorca gives access to hundreds of beaches, coves and sheltered bays, only accessible by sea. There’s plenty to do once you’ve anchored up too, with ancient towns and villages, vineyards and orange groves to be explored.
As a level 3 sailing ground, the Balearic Sea makes rewarding sailing for more experienced sailors due to its strong winds, and thanks to its geographical position and temperate climate, the sailing season runs from April to October.
Unique to this area, just 10km off the south-east coast of Mallorca, is the Cabrera Archipelago National Park which shelters the most spectacular underwater meadows. As one of the best scuba diving areas in the Mediterranean, look out for groupers, octopi, loggerhead turtles and even dolphins. The islands of Ibiza, Menorca and Formentera are also within an easy sailing distance.
Sailing Requirements & Qualifications:
- Sailing Experience Level 3. Only suitable for confident sailors who have experience with long spells of open water sailing, broad tidal ranges, strong winds and remote anchorages.
- To sail in this destination you’ll need at least an ICC or an RYA Day Skipper qualification or above.
- Ibiza, Menorca and Formentera are all reachable from the base in Palma
- Just off the coast of Mallorca you’ll find the Cabrera Archipelago National Park
- Sample the famous nightlife of Formentera and Ibiza or seek out the secluded bays, quiet anchorages and rich dive spots the Balearic Islands offer in abundance
beach way to Illetas paradise beach in Formentera Balearic islands
Prices from $4,915 for a bareboat charter based on a Sunsail 41 – three cabin monohull – for one week (includes outboard, end cleaning, fuel and YDW) departing in October 2016.
For more details please call 1800 803 988 or visit www.sunsail.com.au