Pumpkins, spiders and scares oh my! This Halloween, Saturday 31 October 2015, Centennial Parklandswill host a new Halloween event,Swamp Monsters, inviting children to dress up in their favourite costume and trick-or-treat their way through five spooky activity stations.
Children will follow a trail map and complete challenges including navigating through a wicked spider web, retrieving frogs from a cauldron of slimy witches brew, use Nerf guns to stop the dead from rising in the Zombie Graveyard and be spooked by swamp monsters along the way!
Another new addition to this year’s event is an alternative “too cute to spook area” for the younger children making it a family event for all ages.
At the end of the trail, participants receive a ‘Trick AND Treat’ and families are invited to decorate a scarecrow in our pumpkin patch at the Community Garden. All we ask is for you to bring some old clothes to fill with straw with.
The Parklands is home to some cool real-life swamp creatures ranging from bats to owls. Sydney Wildlife will be in attendance with some grey-headed flying foxes for children to meet and show that they are not so scary.
- Date: Saturday 31 October 2015
- Times: Start times are available every 15 minutes between 10.00 am to 12.00 noon and 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm
- Meeting Point/Venue: Start at Education Precinct, off Dickens Drive, Centennial Park
- Price: $15 per child (Bookings are essential)
- Age: 5-12 years (parents are required to attend with their children but do not require a ticket)
- Food & Drink: ‘Coffin Breaks’, ‘Spider Ciders’ and small snacks will be available for purchase from a food van.
Book in advance as this event will sell out. Tickets available now – book online here.
Share your spooky experience with us on the day by tagging your photos with #swampmonsters and #centennialpark