“It’s a great honour to receive this award, and I’d like to thank Sydney Airport’s Board, leadership team, staff and stakeholders for their support,” Ms Mather said.
“I’m proud of our collaborative and customer focused culture at Sydney Airport, which is the gateway to Australia and Australia’s busiest airport, welcoming 39 million passengers a year.
“I’d also like to thank The CEO Magazine for facilitating these awards to recognise leaders in a range of industries and acknowledge the other nominees.”
Since becoming CEO of Sydney Airport in 2011, Ms Mather has focused on:
- Growing aviation and tourism for the benefit of Sydney, NSW and Australia;
- Investing in infrastructure and technology to enhance the customer experience for airlines and passengers;
- Building relationships with government and stakeholders;
- Strengthening Sydney Airport’s community engagement program, contributing $1.5 million to the community last year; and
- Delivering strong shareholder returns to investors.
Now in its fourth year, the 2015 Executive of the Year Awards recognise the achievements of leading Australian executives and the contributions they have made to their companies over the past year.