Tourism Accommodation Australia (TAA) announced The Star Sydney is a finalist in a remarkable 15 categories of the prestigious Tourism Accommodation Australia Awards for Excellence 2016. Highlights include The Darling Hotel for Sydney Deluxe Hotel of the Year, Dany Karam, Executive Chef at BLACK by ezard for Chef of the Year, and The Star Event Centre for Function Venue of the Year, as well as recognition of The Darling Spa, a number of The Star’s premium bars and restaurants and multiple high performing team members.
Greg Hawkins, Managing Director of The Star Sydney says, “with such a large group of talented individuals recognised as finalists, this achievement truly speaks to the efforts of The Star’s entire team in creating and delivering exceptional experiences for guests.
“This is a fantastic achievement given the high level of competition in each of these categories. In fact this year TAA advised they had received the most submissions in the history of their Awards. The much sought after Metropolitan Bar of the Year category received such a large number of submissions, only the top ten became finalists and that includes three bars at The Star.
“We work hard to be Sydney’s premier events and entertainment destination. To be recognised for this, by an important industry body such as TAA, is validation of our continuing commitment to becoming Australia’s leading integrated resort, and we couldn’t be more honoured,” said Mr Hawkins.
The Star is currently undergoing expansion with a luxurious new arrival experience, exciting new places to play, stylish new bars and restaurants and fashionable new hotel choices. As Sydney’s only integrated resort, The Star offers three towers of five star accommodation, twenty-three bars and restaurants, Event Centre, a day spa, international nightclub – Marquee, and a world-class casino.
The Star is a finalist in the following categories for 2016:
- Metropolitan Restaurant of the Year (Deluxe Hotels) – BLACK by ezard, Momofuku Seiōbo, Osteria Balla Manfredi and Soyko
- Bar of the Year Metropolitan Hotels – Cherry, Rock Lily and Sokyo Lounge
- Health Club and Spa Facilities of the Year – The Darling Spa
- Sydney Deluxe Hotel of the Year – The Darling Hotel
- Best Environmental Practices Metropolitan Hotels – The Star
- Function Venue of the Year – The Star Event Centre
- Food and Beverage Employee of the Year – Jessica Aiken, Director of Beverage
- Concierge of the Year – Charles Adams at The Darling Hotel
- Chef of the Year – Dany Karam, Executive Chef at BLACK by ezard
- Hotel Industry Rising Star – Bianca Schings-D’Agostino, Front Office Duty Manager at The Darling Hotel
Finalists of the Tourism Accommodation Australia NSW Awards for Excellence will vie for first place across 35 award categories at the gala awards held at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney on Thursday 21 July 2016.