A visit to Saint Lucia is not complete without a visit to one of the Caribbean’s most stunning natural settings, Marigot Bay. Explore this majestic region of the island and also take a stroll through the renovated Capella Marigot Bay Marina Village, now featuring a curated collection of award-winning retail, dining and entertainment outlets. At the Capella Marina Village, visitors can indulge in local and international cuisine, shop for beautifully crafted local artwork and more. Visitors who present a valid receipt (minimum spend of $25) to the Capella Marina Village’s Bayside Café will receive a complimentary homemade popsicle or ice cream. Visitors who spend upwards of $70 at the Capella Marina Village will receive two complimentary entrees at the popular Bayside Café. Visitors have to be 18 years or older or accompanied by an adult.
The beautiful natural scenery of the resort and the Capella Marina Village is complemented by a fleet of stunning yachts ranging from small boats to mega yachts that are docked at the Marina. Known as the Hurricane Hole, this area is prized for its ability to protect yachts from the natural elements and was also the setting for blockbuster films such as Pirates of the Caribbean and Dr. Doolittle. Don’t miss this slice of paradise in Saint Lucia and explore the following fun diversions at the Capella Marina Village:
The Capella Marina Village
· Capella Marina Village, Tel: 1.758.451.4276, E: contact.marinaslu@
· Caribe Souvenir Shop, Tel: 1.758.458.3707 – Find the perfect locally made souvenir to bring home as a memento or as a gift. Take time to explore the aisles of for delicious choices of various condiments such as local hot sauces and banana ketchup, Jamaican jerk, Caribbean coffee, Caribbean gift baskets, romantic perfumes and colognes, ‘local’ arts and crafts, nutmeg goodies, rum cake and exotic tropical fruit products. The shop also features beach apparel and casual linens. Open Monday to Saturday from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm and on Sundays from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm.
· Michelle Elliott Art Gallery, Tel: 1.758.458.3733 – Michelle Elliott is an acclaimed Saint Lucian born artist known for her ceramics, tableware designs and novel gift items which depict the colors of the Caribbean, from whimsical sailboats on cerulean seas to sunset-hued villages under swaying green palm trees. Her work has since been displayed in Cagnes-sur-Mer, France and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic as well as in galleries across her hometown. Open Monday to Saturday from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm and on Sundays from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm.
· Diamonds International, Tel: 1.758.457.4219, URL: www.diamondsinternational.com – Diamonds International delivers fine jewelry and stylish, bespoke glittering diamond collections. Their remarkable selection showcases exceptional mounted jewelry, loose diamonds and loose precious stones. Watch connoisseurs will also find great delight in a contemporary and timeless display of world renowned timepieces. Open from Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am until 5:30 pm. Closed on Sunday.
· Bayside Café, Tel: 1.758.458.5300, URL: www.capellahotels.com/
By midday, the Bayside Café hums with the pleasant energy of the Capella Marina. In the heart of this sought out nautical landing for the island, the Café serves as a hub of activity for guests and boaters alike. Shoppers perusing the boutiques of the marina village can break for lunch or linger over late afternoon cocktails. The Grab-and-Go counter allows for those in a hurry access to freshly prepared snacks, sandwiches, drinks, and a delightful selection of homemade ice creams.
Each evening, the Bayside Café transforms into a vibrant meeting place for hotel guests, boaters and locals to gather. Patrons watch their favorite sports teams while enjoying delicious appetizers and casual dining.
Open daily from 7:00 am until 11:00 pm.
· Masala Bay Indian Restaurant, Tel: 1.758.451.4500 – Owned by the award winning Spice of India restaurant, Masala Bay serves authentic Indian cuisine inspired by the energetic beauty of its majestic Marigot Bay location. Indianised Hakka cuisine has also been included to the menu to make the dining experience as interesting and exhilarating as the design of the restaurant. In India the locally known “Hakka Cuisine” is actually an Indian adaptation of original Hakka dishes from China. This variation of Hakka cuisine is comprised of Indo Chinese cuisine, where elements of Chinese and Indian ingredients are married together to create a mix ofcomplex flavors and fresh cuisine. The culinary team at Masala Bay have been brought in specially from India and with the restaurant’s open kitchen set-up, guests can watch all the action unfold before their eyes.
Open for lunch daily from Noon until 3:30 pm and for dinner daily from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm.
Tours and Transportation Services
· Kriss Luxury Transport, Tel: 1.758.716.2637 – The island’s premier transportation company offering vehicle options that range from luxury sedans to spacious 4×4 motors. Includes your own private chauffeur so you can explore the island with ease. Reservations can be made via Capella Marigot Bay’s Personal Assistants or at the Kriss Luxury Transport office in the Marina Village. Open 8:30 am until 8:00 pm daily.
· Saltwater Services, Tel: 1.758.451.5965 – Provides luxury, custom tailored, water-based tours and excursions. Whether you wish to soak up some sun on a pristine beach, explore the coastline and discover unique villages, try your hand at deep sea fishing or dive beneath the waves to discover sunken treasures, Saltwater Services can create the perfect saltwater experience for you.
Tours and private charters can include sport fishing, whale and dolphin watching, day sails, snorkeling, diving, beach trips, sunset cruises, powerboat adventures and more. All tours are bookable at Saltwater’s convenient dockside office at Marigot Bay Marina Village or directly with your Personal Assistant at Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina. Open Monday to Saturday from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm. Closed on Sundays.
General Services and Gourmet Grocery Outlets
· Marigourmet Supermarket, Tel: 1.758.451.4031 – A cozy and intimate gourmet mini-mart nestled in one of the most beautiful bays and yachting destinations in the world – Marigot Bay. Marigourmet has become known for its array of gourmet foods, choice meats, fresh and frozen vegetables, pastries, wines and liquors and other enticing delicacies that not only whet the appetite, but quenches the cravings for the exotic cuisine of the Caribbean, mingled with familiar and refined flavors of the rest of the world. Also serves locally baked pastries with Italian coffee for breakfast. Marigourmet also offers provisioning list services to cater for all yacht orders and work closely with the Personal Assistants at Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina for deliveries direct to guests’ suites (all suites at the resort are equipped with full gourmet kitchens). Open Monday to Saturday from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm. Sunday and holidays open from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm.
· Customs & Immigration, URL: www.marigotbay.com/marigotbay/
· 1st National Bank, Tel: 1.758.458.3744, URL: http://1stnationalbankonline.