The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is supporting the staging of 16th World Gourmet Festival, which is scheduled to take place from 7-13 September, 2015, at the Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel.
Ms. Sarima Chindamat, Director International Public Relations Division of TAT said, “The World Gourmet Festival has been held continuously for 16 years. It is one of Bangkok’s most prominent culinary events where some of the world’s best chefs, winemakers and food experts will gather for a week-long celebration. Hosting this event in Thailand helps strengthen our image as a preferred destination where visitors can come to experience the world’s best and finest cuisine.”
This year, seven master chefs, including Michelin-starred chefs and chefs from the world’s top-rated restaurants of France, Spain, Switzerland, Australia, and Hong Kong will join this seven-day event and create some of the world’s finest food creations.
The full line up of chefs at the 16th Annual World Gourmet Festival are:
- Chef Francesc Rovira, Fonda Xesc, Gombrèn, Girona, Spain (1 Michelin Star)
- Chef Jean-François Bérard, Hostellerie Berard, La Cadière d’Azur, Provence France (1 Michelin Star)
- Chef Francesc Gimeno Manduley, Bohemic Bistro, Barcelona, Spain
- Chef Pierre Crépaud, LeCrans Hotel & Spa, Crans-Montana, Switzerland
- Chef Patrick Raingeard, Cap Estel, Èze-Bord-De-Mer, French Riviera, France (1 Michelin Star)
- Chef Sean Connolly, Sean’s Kitchen, Adelaide, Australia
- Chef Hirofumi Imamura, Kazuo Okada Restaurant, Kowloon, Hong Kong (1 Michelin Star)
A special activity to be introduced this year is the sake tasting and pairing with Thai dishes presented by the sake master Keith Norum, an American who undertakes his experience working with the Miyasaka Brewing Company in Japan and has worked on educating his clients about sake for many years.
Another new activity is the High Tea event by Mariage Freres, the French world-class tea master and blender.
The famous World Gourmet Brunch, one of the most popular events of the whole festival, will take place on the last day of the event (13 September).
The proceeds and 600 Baht entry ticket sold will go to Her Royal Highness Princess Soamsawali Kitiyakara’s ‘Save a Child’s Life from AIDS Project’ under the auspices of the Thai Red Cross Society, which provides medicine for pregnant mothers who are afflicted with AIDS.
Pictures shown above are from the press conference, held on 6 August 2015, announcing the staging of 16th World Gourmet Festival.