Home » Aviation »Headline News » Currently Reading:

Tatas in dual aviation ventures

September 23, 2013 Aviation, Headline News No Comments Email Email

egtmedia59Tata Sons, leading Indian business house responsible for launching India’s first airline way back in 1932 has applied for registration of a new Full Service Carrier (FSC) even as its earlier joint venture LCC Air Asia India received a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from Indian Ministry of Civil Aviation on Friday. Chennai based Air Asia India is expected to begin operations in next three months.

Tatas will set-up the FSC in India along with Singapore Airlines. The new venture is set to fill the void created by the exit of Kingfisher Airlines that financially strained airlines Jet Airways and Air India failed to bridge.

Tata Airlines was rebranded as Air India in 1946 and nationalized in 1948 after India’s independence.

Tatas will own 51 percent share in the new domestic carrier that will be based in capital New Delhi. Remaining 49 percent will be owned by Singapore Airlines.

Written by Anand & Madhura Katti

Comment on this Article:







Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Platinium Partnership

ADVERTISEMENTS

Elite Partnership Sponsors

ADVERTISEMENTS

Premier Partnership Sponsors

ADVERTISEMENTS

Official Media Event Partner

ADVERTISEMENTS

Global Travel media endorses the following travel publication

ADVERTISEMENTS

GLOBAL TRAVEL MEDIA VIDEOS