Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau or TCEB has spearheaded a response to the government direction of advancing key policy areas by announcing a campaign to reassert Thailand as a destination at the HEART of ASEAN among the international business community. Making the announcement at the IT&CM Asia and CTW Asia-Pacific 2015, the region’s premier MICE and travel industry event, TCEB introduced its ‘Thailand CONNECT….Our Heart Your World” brand communication campaign for the 2016 fiscal year.
“Thailand CONNECT….Our Heart, Your World” highlights three key pillars of Thailand’s MICE industry: DESTINATIONS OF THAILAND : Your Heart’s Desire Diverse Destinations with Seamless Connections, Business in Thailand : At the heart of the world Helping you seize the opportunities across the globe, Asia and ASEAN, and PEOPLE OF THAILAND :Seamless Excellence, Passion Hearts.
As host country for IT&CM Asia and CTW Asia-Pacific for the 14th consecutive year, Thailand is home to the world’s only double bill event of its kind from 29 September to 1 October 2015 at the Bangkok Convention Centre, Centara Grand at CentralWorld Bangkok. TCEB also aims to use the Asia-Pacific flagship MICE trade show as a strategic platform to officially launch its latest brand communications campaign to 2,800 delegates from 64 countries and territories around the world.
Mr Nopparat Maythaveekulchai, president of TCEB revealed that, “The strategic direction to promote Thailand’s MICE industry is in response to the government policy of reinforcing international confidence in Thailand, and especially boosting the vibrancy of the country’s MICE industry. For business events, Thailand is not only a unique destination at the HEART of ASEAN and an unparalleled business hub at the HEART of both the emerging Asian region and the global marketplace, but also a thriving hub, where passionate people offer seamless service from the HEART, and with an unforgettable smile.
For 2016, TCEB has developed the “Thailand CONNECT…Our Heart Your World” brand communications campaign to capture the essence of Thailand’s unique position as a preferred global business events destination, highlighting how the country’s service-oriented translates into tangible opportunities for business travelers, with all elements working in perfect synergy.
The Thailand CONNECT…Our Heart Your World builds on the strong legacy of the three fundamental pillars of Thailand’s MICE industry including (1) Destinations (2) Businesses and (3) People, by showcasing the best of all three elements.
1.Destinations of Thailand: YOUR HEART’S DESIRE Diverse Destinations with Seamless Connections highlighting three key attributes, which include:
(1) Endless opportunities to create UNFORGETTABLE experiences Creatively curated experiences with 7 magnificent themes including of Fascinating history and culture /Treasured team building / Exhilarating adventures / CSR and Green meetings/ Lavish luxury /Culinary Journeys /Beach bliss. Dynamic 5 MICE cities including of Bangkok / Pattaya / Phuket / Chiang Mai and Khao Yai. and Prestigious worldwide recognition as ‘Best Place’ for Doing Business
(2) The Lifeblood of the AEC, connecting you to tomorrow’s profitable possibilities World-class infrastructure, leading MICE facilities as world-class hubs of airports, connect the world by train network expansion and increase facilities of seaports, and develop MICE facilities to support world’s businesses expansion
(3) Seamlessly more from our world to yours 24/7 digital connected infrastructure with fastest WiFi support since landing at Suvarnabhumi and enjoy high speed internet in all 6 international airports, keep on in-flight WiFi on Thai Airways and Nok Air and connect Thailand’s nationwide with 3G/4G LTE mobile network
2. Business in Thailand : At the heart of the world Helping you seize the opportunities of tomorrow across the globe, Asia and ASEAN highlighting three key attributes, which include:
(1) The emerging global hub : A high potential market for global MICE businesses with our vibrant free-enterprise economy and pro-investment policies, World-leading 5 export industries (Automotive, Food & Agriculture, Infrastructure, Health & Wellness, Energy), International Festival and Events in key economic sectors (Cultural, Creative & Lifestyle, Entertainment, Tourism & Sports)
(2) The beating heart of Asia: the world’s rising economic powerhouse. Leader in regional partnerships (RCEP, BIMSTEC, APEC), Dynamic economic growth – Thailand illuminates the gateway to the continent
(3) The pulse of the AEC, driving innovation: Thailand is the leader to close ASEAN Collaboration (AEC+GMS, FTA agreement), Trailblazing role in strong regional tradeshows and industries, nurtured by Thai government policies
3. PEOPLE OF THAILAND : SEAMLESS EXCELLENCE, PASSIONATE HEARTS A truly unique blend of world-leading industry standards, partnerships and authentic hospitality highlighting three key attributes, which include:
(1) A passionate ASEAN MICE industry leader:Raising 6 MICE standards as a business trailblazer in ASEAN, 42 MICE certified venues
(2) An abundant ecosystem of talented business events professionals : Qualified people to support MICE businesses – International recognition, professionals, strong Thai team partnerships (Public – Private – People – Partnership)
(3) AN AUTHENTIC THAI WELCOME AND SERVICE WITH SEAMLESS EXCELLENCE: Seamless Service from MICE Professionals, 70 million hearts ready to welcome you with open arm
Under the “Thailand CONNECT…. Our Heart, Your World” campaign, TCEB is introducing several exciting promotional packages: The Thailand Connect Ratchaprasong Square Trade Association (RSTA) Welcome Package, providing recipients with special hotel and retail discounts, as well as other benefits, right in the heart of vibrant Bangkok downtown. The CONNECT Beyond The Capital Package, presenting international corporate clients to discover the diversity of Thailand with promotion from domestic partner airlines and The CONNECT Business package, exclusive promotion for trade visitors achieving business matching at exhibitions in Thailand. All of these offer special privileges for overseas organizers and delegates alike.
In conjunction with the IT&CMA and CTW Asia-Pacific 2014, Thailand will for the first time host UIA Associations Round Table Asia-Pacific 2015 during 29-30 September at Centara Grand and Bangkok Convention [email protected] World. This is the third time that Belgium-based Union of International Associations (UIA) has organized the Round Table outside Europe.
UIA Round Table is UIA’s educational event and network opportunities for international organizations and associations to learn practical tools and skills, to join discussion and share experiences that will make their organizations a better body in a challenging world. For the Round Table in Bangkok, there are around 80 delegates from over 50 international associations across Asia, Europe and Australia. They are from 20 countries representing 20 diverse fields of professions ranging from medical field, insurance, law, natural resources, environment, education and etc.
“TCEB hosts UIA Round Table because it is in line with TCEB’s proactive mission to promote and strengthen relationship with associations who is a key driver and decision maker of international conference. The hosting of UIA Round Table is an opportunity for Thailand to showcase its facilities and capacity in organizing an international conference and meeting” Mr. Nopparat added.
The fiscal year 2016 also sees the thriving Thailand’s MICE industry attracting a host of world’s important events, including F6 Global Convention 2015 / Organo Gold Asia Convention 2015 /28th World Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) Council 2015 /2015 Special Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses/ One Young World 2015 /The 54th OSEAL Forum Program/ 3rd Asia Pacific Glaucoma Congress 2016 /Asia Fitness Conference and Expo 2015/Cosmex 2015/Exporail South East Asia 2016/TBEX Asia / Lighting Festival etc.
“The organization of the IT&CM Asia and CTW Asia-Pacific 2015 will further boost confidence in Thailand within the international business community. It will also highlight Thailand’s myriad landscapes provide wondrous places to discover, and our destinations offer creatively curated experiences and untapped opportunities for organisers, delegates and visitors with a dynamic, fast-growing economy, Thailand is also a springboard to its rapidly emerging neighbours in ASEAN and the Greater Mekong Subregion as well as the country’s signature Thai service is renowned throughout the world, while high standards nationwide add seamless professionalism.” Mr Nopparat added.
This year it is expected that Thailand will welcome 1,036,300 business events visitors, earning the Thai economy a total of 106,780 million baht (US$3,029.20 million) and Thailand expects to robust Thai MICE industry to attract 1,089,000 business travellers in 2016, earning the Thai economy a total of 117,700 million baht (US$ 3.36 billion).