The Australian Travel Association for Latin America is excited to announce LATAM Airlines Group Airlines Group as a Gold Sponsor of its 2016 ATALA Latin America Expo Series, to be held during May 2016. LATAM Airlines Group Senior Manager, Commercial Development and Analysis – Asia Pacific, Mauricio Veloso Benavente, announced LATAM Airlines Group’s involvement by saying: “LATAM Airlines Group is a natural partner for the ATALA Latin America expo series and we are very excited announce our involvement as a key sponsor. With Latin America’s largest and most comprehensive airline network, LATAM Airlines Group share’s ATALA’s goal to raise more awareness Latin America as a region within the Australian marketplace”
ATALA Chairman, Ted Dziadkiewicz, says that “Since the announcement of the ATALA expo series we have received fantastic feedback from all sectors of the industry and most respondees have been very excited that Australia will finally have a dedicated Latin American Travel Expo series”.
ATALA is currently in negotiation with other potential sponsors for the event and hopes to be able to announce further key partnerships in the coming months.
The ATALA Consumer Expos will be held at Sydney Town Hall and Melbourne Town Hall in mid May 2016 and will include a large array of Latin America travel organisations from both Australia and Latin America. It will be the first time that Australian consumers will be able meet ad gain information on many of Australia and Latin America’s leading travel business in one central location.
The expo series will also include a B2B networking events and a Latin America Retail Training events in both Sydney and Melbourne. The Retail Training evenings which will allow retail travel agents to network and receive training from key ATALA members
Press comments or parties interested in ATALA membership can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ATALA Boiler Plate
The Australian Travel Association for Latin America (ATALA) brings together Australian wholesalers, Tour Operators, Tourism Boards, Airlines and products (hotels/lodges etc) who a focus on or have a strong interest in Tourism in and to Latin America (South America, Central America, Cuba and Mexico).
ATALA currently has 38 members, which are a mix of Latin American and Australian businesses. Australian members include many of Australia’s major travel companies to Latin America, including LATAM Airlines Group Airlines Group, G Adventures, Peregrine Adventures, Contours, Chimu Adventures, South American Travel Centre, South America Tourism Office, Travel Projects, Bunnik Tours, Natural Focus Safaris, Air New Zealand and Inca Tours
Over the next few years ATALA plan to develop a number of key initiatives in relation to Latin American tourism, they are;
- To encourage and promote increased welfare and safety standards across all aspects of travel in Latin America (e.g. hotel checks, guide certification & training)
- To promote a better understanding of the travel matters which relate to Latin America (e.g. work closely with Tourism Boards and Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) with regards to appropriate and accurate travel advisories)
- To stimulate the growth of travel to Latin America (e.g. in early 2016 we will be hosting Latin America Expos in Sydney and Melbourne
- To improve the media profile and coverage of Latin America as a tourist destination.
- To better educate Australians as to the wonders of Latin America.
- Consumers considering travelling to Latin America can book with confidence with ATALA member.
From a consumer perspective Full Members have had to fulfil a number of criteria (the two key factors being financial and experience in operating in Latin America) to join the Association. ATALA is a not for profit organisation.