The decadent Saturday Chocolate Bar and Sunday City Brunch at The Langham, Boston will delight weekend visitors when the popular culinary events return Saturday, September 10, and Sunday, September 11, 2016.
The 28th season of the all-you-can-enjoy chocolate buffet presents a new theme – “Captivation of the Senses” – which will take guests on a journey through the five senses while enjoying more than 100 chocolate dessert combinations. Executive Chef Mark Sapienza and Executive Pastry Chef Ryan Pike will feature chocolate dishes that evoke and inspire Sight, Smell, Sound, Touch and of course, Taste.
This year Chocolate Bar includes five alluring stations inspired by the senses:
- Savor a symphony of sweet Sound from delicious desserts like white chocolate lemon crunch and dark chocolate truffle pops dipped in Pop Rocks.
- Layers of color and surprising visual elements will make guests hungry at first Sight. From chocolate trilogy cake to chocolate salted caramel mousse with caramel popcorn, this station features treats that look as delightful as they taste.
- The smell of hot items fresh from the oven will remind guests of home, while new dishes such as the smoked chocolate cake will be finished with an electric smoke gun for a modern twist.
- Our chefs play with the many types of Taste with treats from sour cherry and milk chocolate sabayon mousse to sweet potato tartlets with bourbon caramel.
- Touch will invite you to pick up perfectly portioned desserts on skewers and popsicle sticks and indulge in dishes that play with texture such as passion fruit and caramelia chocolate.
Additional stations include a Vegan Station, proving that decadence can be had no matter the diet; a chocolate fountain that invites you to dip fresh fruit, pretzels, marshmallows and more; a Kids Station, featuring baked goods such as cookies, brownies, blondies and Rice Krispies treats; and a Confectionary Station highlighting the candy-making techniques of Chef Ryan and his team. Live music sets the tone for the afternoon.
The Saturday Chocolate Bar at The Langham, Boston offers seatings from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. every Saturday beginning September 10, 2016. Adults: $45 (with complimentary coffee); Children: $35 (5-12 years old). For reservations and more information call 617.451.1900 or visit http://www.langhamhotels.com/boston.
Sunday City Brunch
Indulge with Sunday City Brunch at The Langham, Boston, where Executive Chef Mark Sapienza has taken the flavors of New England and created a Sunday City Brunch buffet unlike any other brunch in Boston.
With an emphasis on fresh, locally-sourced ingredients, the culinary team prepares many elements from scratch in the kitchen. Interactive buffet stations reflect the best of the region and include:
- Boston Public Market – a wide array of artisan meats and seasonal produce that includes lavender honey-glazed duck breast with blackberries and sprouts and citrus roasted beets with Westfield Farm goat cheese and pistachio.
- New England Farmstead – a selection of local cheeses, artisan breads and fruits.
- Seaport District – an epic display of seafood including an extensive raw bar, hand-rolled sushi, lobster mac and cheese bites, and our famous house-smoked maple cured Atlantic salmon.
- The North End Experience – a taste of Boston’s famed Italian district with an assortment of gourmet antipasto items and pasta prepared to order.
- Taste of New England – the carvery features salt crust roasted prime ribs of beef, Coulibiac salmon with lobster sherry cream and jamon serrano with Madeira figs, while other specialty dishes include New England seafood cakes with creamy late harvest corn and leeks, and baked oysters with chorizo, cornbread crumbs and scallion brown butter.
- Financial District – all the elements of a true power breakfast with omelets and Belgium waffles to order, an array of pastries, eggs benedict, cinnamon brioche French toast, hickory bacon, country sausage and more.
- Boston Public Garden – delight younger guests with a selection of kids favorites including mini beef hot dogs, country fried chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce, macaroni and cheese bites and cheese and pepperoni pizzas
Sip on a morning cocktail from the Bloody Mary and Mimosa Bar and finish the meal with a dessert from our famous Chocolate Bar, while enjoying live music.
Sunday City Brunch at The Langham, Boston offers seatings from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. every Sunday beginning September 11, 2016. Adults: $75; Children: $45 (5-12 years old); with complimentary coffee and orange juice. For reservations and more information call 617.451.1900 or visit http://www.langhamhotels.com/boston.
The Langham, Boston is located at 250 Franklin Street, Boston, MA 02110.