June 2015/2014 Comparisons
U.S. citizen outbound totaled 7.7 million travelers for the month and 34.9 million YTD
U.S. travel to overseas markets (1) totaled 3.7 million, up five percent in June and also five percent for the year (16.2 million). Regional monthly results were as follows:
- Europe, 1.7 million travelers, up eight percent
- Caribbean, 783,000 travelers, up five percent
- Asia, 436,000 travelers, up three percent
- Central America, 301,000 travelers, flat
- Middle East, 192,000 travelers, up six percent
- South America, 183,000 travelers, down 12 percent
- Oceania, 54,000 travelers, up 20 percent
- Africa, 35,000 travelers, down 13 percent
U.S. travel to ‘other’ North American markets totaled 4.0 million, up 10 percent compared to June 2014. Travel to Canada and Mexico for the year (18.7 million) was up eight percent.
- Mexico, 2.4 million travelers, up nine percent; and air travel (806,000) was up 14 percent
- Canada, 1.6 million travelers, up 13 percent; however, air travel (441,000) was up eight percent
June 2015 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locations accounted for 46 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.
- Europe, a 17 percent share;
- Caribbean, a 12 percent share;
- Asia, a seven percent share;
- Central America, a four percent share;
- South America, a three percent share;
- Middle East, a three percent share;
- Oceania, a one percent share, and
- Africa, almost a one percent share
Other North American markets received 54 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
- U.S. travel to Mexico a 40 percent share; and
- Canada a 14 percent share.
For detailed information and data tables please visit: http://travel.trade.gov/view/