Tigerair Australia Celebrates Ninth Birthday Milestone With Fares On Sale Daily This Week From Just $9*!!
Tigerair Australia is celebrating its ninth birthday since domestic services first commenced in November 2007 with special celebratory fares on sale daily this week starting from just nine dollars* each way on selected routes during the birthday sale period.
From midday AEDT today and every day during the Tigerair birthday sale (over the next three days), different routes will go on sale at midday AEDT starting from just nine dollars each way (sale commences midday AEDT today 16 November through to midday AEDT 19 November 2016). New sale fares starting from just nine dollars* will be released again at midday AEDT tomorrow and on Friday at midday AEDT as part of the birthday sale.
Today’s birthday sale features fares on popular routes between Melbourne and Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide and between Brisbane and Cairns on sale from just nine dollars* each way for travel period extending from 1 February – 22 March 2017. Fares between Melbourne and Canberra are on sale from just $19* and from just $29* each way betweenBrisbane and Sydney and Melbourne and Coffs Harbour.
Tigerair Australia Head of Communications Vanessa Regan says this is a significant milestone for the airline which continues to soar to new heights in Australia with more value and choice for consumers than ever before.
“Tigerair Australia has come such a long way in nine years and we’re very proud to be Australia’s most on time low cost airline coupled with the lowest cancellation rate of all the major domestic airlines, since January 2015.
“The past year has been a significant one for Tigerair Australia. We’ve flown well over 21 million passengers (nearly the population of Australia), introduced six new routes including our first short haul international services to Bali. We recently announced a major boost for Queensland tourism with a third A320 aircraft to be based in Brisbane creating over 50 new jobs and facilitating the launch of two new routes between Brisbane and Perth and Brisbane and Whitsunday Coast Airport in 2017 as well as additional flights on a number of existing popular Queensland routes. Our newest services between Melbourne and Canberra launch next month from 8 December.
“Ten dollars really doesn’t buy you much these days and once again we’re proving that Tigerair is Australia’s consumer champion with fares on sale across our network for less than the cost of a fast food meal deal or cut price cinema ticket. The secret as always is to get in quick as the best value fares are expected to be snapped up quick.
“Remember to check the Tigerair Australia website daily this week from midday AEDT for more special deals across our network including new routes on sale from just nine dollars*.”
$9* sale fares to be released on new routes also on Thursday and Friday at midday AEDT! Check the Tigerair Australia website daily for details!
Fares on sale from midday AEDT today in Tigerair Australia’s ninth birthday sale listed below:
|Route (both ways)||Travel Period||One Way Fares Available From|
|Melbourne – Adelaide||1 February – 22 March 2017||$9* (250 seats available both ways)|
|Brisbane- Cairns||I February – 20 March 2017||$9* (150 seats available both ways)|
|Melbourne – Sydney||1 February – 22 March 2017||$9* (350 seats available both ways)|
|Melbourne – Canberra||1 February – 22 March 2017||$19* (100 seats available both ways)|
|Brisbane – Sydney||1 February – 22 March 2017||$29* (300 seats available both ways)|
|Melbourne – Coffs Harbour||1 February – 18 March 2017||$29* (150 seats available both ways)|
|Sydney – Cairns||1 February – 22 March 2017||$49* (250 seats available both ways)|
|Sydney – Whitsunday Coast Airport||2 February – 21 March 2017||$49* (150 seats available both ways)|
|Brisbane – Darwin||1 February – 22 March 2017||$69* (200 seats available both ways)|
|Perth – Sydney||1 February – 22 March 2017||$89* (200 seats available both ways)|
|Adelaide – Bali||3 February – 21 March||$109* (200 seats available both ways)|
*Sale fares available from midday AEDT or until sold out between Wednesday 16 and 19 November 2016. Limited seats and select routes apply daily. Fares on sale are one way and checked baggage is not included. Travel period and conditions apply see www.tigerair.com.au for details.
General Tigerair Australia facts
- Tigerair first commenced operations in Australia from Melbourne in November 2007.
- Tigerair currently has 14 Airbus A320 (A320) aircraft in Australia.
- Seven of Tigerair’s 14 x A320 aircraft are based at Melbourne Airport Tullamarine.
- Two A320 aircraft are currently based in Brisbane. This number will rise to three in March 2017.
- Tigerair’s third Australian base is in Sydney where five A320 aircraft are based.
- All three of Tigerair’s Boeing 737 (B737) aircraft are based in Melbourne.
- A fourth B737 will join the fleet in coming weeks to be based in Melbourne from December 2016.
- Tigerair Australia currently has 19 domestic routes (21 with the addition of new routes Brisbane – Whitsunday Coast and Brisbane to Perth launching in 2017) and the airline flies to 12 domestic destinations across Australia.
- Tigerair Australia recently commenced its inaugural international services from Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide to Bali in March 2016. Tigerair flies return to Bali from Melbourne and Perth daily, while the airline operates five weekly return services between Bali and Adelaide.
- Tigerair’s first short haul international services to Bali commenced on March 23 and provide over 6,800 additional seats weekly to the Tigerair network and over 2,500 additional seats through Melbourne Airport weekly.
- Tigerair Australia is using three Boeing 737-800 aircraft from the Virgin Australia Group to facilitate the airline’s first short haul international services. The aircraft were reconfigured and rebranded in the Tigerair livery before the airline’s new international services launched in March 2016.
- In the past 18 months, Tigerair Australia has achieved significantly enhanced on time performance, industry lowest cancellation rates and customer satisfaction service levels that are stronger than ever. Tigerair has introduced numerous product enhancements and innovations over recent times to make booking and flying Tigerair better than ever including a new-look website, mobile app and booking and check in system.
- From Melbourne– Tigerair flies to Sydney, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Perth, Coffs Harbour, Cairns, Hobart, Adelaide, Canberra and Denpasar.
- From Sydney- Tigerair flies to Gold Coast, Brisbane, Coffs Harbour, Melbourne, Cairns, Adelaide, Perth and to Whitsunday Coast Airport.
- From Brisbane – Tigerair flies to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Cairns and Darwin. The airline recently announced two new routes from Brisbane – Perth and from Brisbane – Whitsunday Coast which commence in 2017 and are on sale now.
- Tigerair has flown well over 21 million passengers in Australia since operations commenced in Australia in November 2007.
- Tigerair employs over 1,100 people in Australia including cabin crew and pilots and through ground handling and maintenance partnerships.
- Tigerair Australia currently operates over 400 domestic flights per week, with around 72,000 seats per week available.
- Tigerair Australia is now operating from the new-look Terminal 4 in Melbourne providing a significantly enhanced customer experience at the airline’s busiest port.
- There are regular travel sales deals with Tigerair. One way to be kept informed about news and special offers direct from Tigerair is to sign up to the free e-newsletter and infrequent flyer club on the website homepage or by becoming a fan on Facebook.
- There is no big secret to securing the best value deals with Tigerair – generally the earlier you buy your flight, the more you can save. We recommend that you plan ahead and book early to guarantee great value fares. As demand increases closer in to the travel date, generally so does the cost of the flight.