To celebrate the new route launching today, the airline is putting on a special launch day sale with fares for the new services between Melbourne and Coffs Harbour on sale from just $49* each way and between Sydney and Coffs Harbour from $29* each way. The sale which commences today at midday (AEDT), ends midday Tuesday 15 December 2015, or until sold out. (Travel periods applicable to the sale for both routes extend from 01 May to 22 June 2016).
Tigerair’s newest addition to the fleet, a brand new A320 aircraft with “sharklets” on the wingtips, will fly the inaugural flight from Melbourne to Coffs Harbour today, scheduled to land in Coffs Harbour at 10:55am. On board will be senior Tigerair Australia management and a number of Melbourne travel media and industry guests, who will stay in Coffs Harbour (Novotel Pacific Bay Resort) for a few days to experience some of the many tourism drawcards of the region.
Tigerair Commercial Director Adam Rowe said this is more welcome news for Coffs Harbour and NSW tourism as part of Tigerair Australia’s next phase of growth.
“Recently we announced additional services on popular NSW routes such as Sydney – Adelaide, Sydney – Cairns and Sydney – Whitsunday Coast. The new Melbourne – Coffs Harbour route provides the only mid-week services between Melbourne and Coffs Harbour and is estimated to provide significant economic value to the Coffs Harbour region of almost $8M a year by way of inbound passenger spend, as well as potential further growth and job development.
“Coffs Harbour has a great year round climate and many tourism drawcards that appeal to our core market of families, budget and leisure travellers. We’re confident these new services will prove popular for Melburnians wanting to escape to a warmer and more temperate climate and also for Coffs residents wanting a break away or to visit friends and family down south.”
Coffs Harbour Mayor, Councillor Denise Knight welcomed today’s new route launch: “The Melbourne market provides enormous economic possibilities for this region and Coffs Harbour City Council is looking forward to working with Tigerair to maximise the success of the route. We’re also looking forward to welcoming many, many new visitors to the stunning North Coast of NSW.”
- New route: Between Melbourne and Coffs Harbour commences today:
- Three weekly return flights depart Melbourne at 9:05am on Mondays and Wednesdays and 8:45am on Fridays, arriving into Coffs Harbour at 10:55am Monday and Wednesday and 10:35am on Fridays. Returning from Coffs Harbour at 11:25am Mondays and Wednesdays and at 11:05am on Friday.
- New Melbourne – Coffs Harbour route delivers 1,080 additional visitor seats weekly through Melbourne and Coffs Harbour Airports or over 56,000 additional visitor seats annually.
- Tigerair Australia first launched services between Sydney and Coffs Harbour in February 2013 as the airline’s first intrastate route.
- The new services from Melbourne complement Tigerair’s existing three weekly return services between Sydney and Coffs Harbour (every Monday, Friday and Sunday).
- With the new Melbourne – Coffs Harbour route, Tigerair will provide double the number of visitor seats currently available through Coffs Harbour Airport, with a total of 2,160 visitor seats through Coffs Harbour Airport each week or over 112,000 visitor seats annually.
- The new route commencing today is part of the airline’s next phase of growth announced recently, including additional domestic services (between Sydney and Adelaide, Sydney and Cairns and Sydney and Whitsunday Coast). New international services to Bali, from Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth commence March 2016.
- Tigerair Australia remains committed to delivering the very best in terms affordable air fares, combined with on time flights, industry low cancellation rates and great customer service.