Time Out Group signs global agreement with Viator to offer online bookings of the best experiences in cities around the world
Time Out Group, a global multi-platform media and e-commerce business with a food & cultural market, has signed a global agreement with Viator, the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide and part of TripAdvisor.
Through the partnership with Viator, Time Out will provide its customers access to a vast selection of tours, activities, attractions, destination experiences and events in popular cities around the world. These offers will be bookable directly through a seamless integration of Viator’s booking engine into Time Out’s websites and apps across multiple markets.
The agreement is a key part of Time Out’s growth strategy to monetise its audience by enabling users who are consuming content to also purchase related experiences. By offering more booking opportunities on its platforms in new leisure and travel product verticals, Time Out aims to increase the number of transactions and e-commerce revenue.
Noel Penzer, CEO of Time Out Digital, said:
“Time Out remains focused on inspiring customers to discover, book and share. We want to bring them the capabilities to make the most of a city – and that means we want to offer users not just our top-quality curated content, but also enable them to book experiences related to the content they consume.
“One of our key strategic objectives is to increase bookable leisure and travel content with high margin value products to significantly grow our global e-commerce business. Therefore, I’m thrilled to team up with Viator to offer a great choice of attractions that will help our customers experience the very best of the world’s cities.”
Ken Frohling, Vice President of Business Development of Viator, commented:
“Time Out is a well-known and respected brand and we’re excited to provide their huge global audience access to our extensive and growing selection of tours and activities around the world. With the company’s in-destination expertise, we look forward to providing our suppliers with expanded access to travellers in the great cities served by the Time Out platforms.”
Examples of experiences Time Out users will have access to:
- ‘London Eye Ticket with Skip-the-Line’ – priority access to one of London’s must-see attractions
- ‘New York CityPass’ – great discounts and skip-the-line access at some of the Big Apple’s top attractions
- ‘Skydeck Chicago Admission’ – located on the 103rd floor of the Willis Tower for an exciting view from a glass balcony
- ‘The VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood’ in LA – to get behind-the-scenes of the film studio
- Paris: ‘Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket with Host’ – skip-the-line tickets for a relaxing entrance to one of the world’s busiest monuments
- ‘Private Tour: Lisbon Sightseeing’ – a personalised experience of Portugal’s capital with a professional guide