Camping has grown significantly in popularity among local travelers in recent years, and there are numerous excellent sites around Taiwan where you can sleep under the stars, close to nature.
In a recent online poll by pk.yam.com, camping enthusiasts voted for Taiwan’s best campsites. The campground at Wuling Farm (武陵農場), in Taichung’s northeastern corner, received the most votes, followed by Queen Village (皇后鎮森林)in Sanxia, New Taipei City, and the campground at Fushoushan Farm (福壽山農場), near the mountain town of Lishan. Wuling Farm is especially popular with campers, for it offers attractions throughout the year (flowers during spring, pleasant temperatures during summer, maple leaves changing color in the autumn, and cherry blossoms during the winter). The campground is surrounded by breathtaking mountain scenery, and is close to the starting point for a popular trail that leads to Mt. Xue (Snow Mountain), Taiwan’s second-tallest mountain.
Placing nos. 4 to 10 in the poll were:
4. Miaoli’s “Green Backpack Campground,” (綠背包親子綠營區)
5. Taichung’s “Bear Dad Campground,” (裡冷熊爸營地)
6. Milaoli’s “Half Moon Bent Campground,” (半月彎露營區)
7. Hsinchu’s “Lohashan Campground,” (樂哈山露營區)
8. Hsinchu’s “Qingxin Wangyou Campground,” (清心忘憂露營區)
9. Miaoli’s “Linquan Compground,” (林泉休閒露營區)
10. New Taipei City’s “Longmen Campground.” (龍門露營區)