Do you know your Loht Chha from your Mee Ketang? Cycle through the gourmet side of Cambodia with Tour de Vines and you’ll become an expert in Cambodain cuisine, whipping up your very own Amok trey (steamed curried fish – Cambodian style).
Cycling is the perfect way to interact with locals in Cambodia. Cycling tourists are still a novelty and villages will give you a hearty welcome. Tour De Vines itinerary has been developed to ensure there is a good balance of cycling, sightseeing and food tastings. The support van is never far away and the longest day will cover around 50 km.
The sights of Cambodia are breathtaking with the ancient Khmer Temples of Angkor Wat being the ultimate place to visit and learn about Khmer architecture.
The highlights of this 8 day/7 night tour which starts in Siem Reap on Saturday October 29 and ends in Phnom Penh via Battambang and Kampot are as follows:
– Full day guided cycling tour of UNESCO listed Angkor Wat in Siem Reap (escape the crowds on our bikes, visit lesser known but equally impressive temples, watch the sunrise over this stunning site).
– Participate in a wok style cooking class at a local cooking school and learn the secrets to great Asian flavours complete with a guided market visit for produce which is great fun. Enjoy a 6 course degustation of French inspired Asian cuisine in Siem Reap by Chef Joannes Rivière.
– The weather. We have timed this tour to take advantage of warm but dry weather in Cambodia, and not too hot and not too wet.
– Warm welcoming locals and incredibly friendly villages.
– Comfortable but adventurous with 203 kms cycling, flat as a pancake, a boat ride on Lake Tonle Sap, guided pepper farm tour and tour of Choeung Ek the site of a Buddhist memorial to the victims of the brutal Khmer regime
– Support vehicle & fully guided (local guides) throughout.
Difficulty: Easy to Intermediate (2.5/5), extra riding available.
Priced from $2,500 per person twin share your tour includes seven nights’ accommodation in quality boutique properties (such as http://thecyclodangkor.com) with breakfast, five dinners (incl a six course degustation), mountain bike and helmet, fully guided Angkor Wat tour, one Cambodian cooking class, one x 60 minute massage, two guides, airport transfers, Angkor Wat, Pepper Farm and Choeung Ek guided tours and more.
Call Tour de Vines on 1300 665 330 to book.