Tourism Australia has announced the appointment of a new global agency panel to provide specialist PR support to its existing in-house teams in 12 of its key overseas markets.
The panel will provide support in Brazil, Canada, China and Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Britain and US, as well to the Business Events team based in Tourism Australia’s Sydney head office.
The agencies who have been appointed to the global panel are:
- Brazil Edelman, Interamerican
- Canada Citizen, Ketchum
- China EBA Communications, Ogilvy Public Relations, Weber Shandwick
- Hong Kong Sinclair
- India Avian Media, Weber Shandwick
- Japan Full house, Milepost
- Malaysia Bell Pottinger, Ogilvy Public Relations
- Singapore ALSOKNOWNAS Pt Ltd, Weber Shandwick
- South Korea Edelman, Weber Shandwick
- UK 3 Monkeys, Good Relations, The Red Consultancy
- USA Ace, Citizen, Finn, Ketchum, Weber Shandwick
- Business Events Ogilvy Public Relations, Red Agency
The decision to move towards a panel model follows a global review aimed at ensuring that Tourism Australia’s international markets have access to the best available public relations services across a broad range of requirements.
The agency panel will provide support across strategy, media and stakeholder relations, influencer programs, content generation and publishing, social media, brand and reputation (including crisis) management, and ad hoc projects including event/campaign management.
All agencies were selected through a competitive tendering process and will provide Tourism Australia access to their services over the next three to five years, if required, on a project-by-project and market-by-market basis.
Only those markets where the existing PR agency contract arrangements were coming to an end in 2015 were included in the tender process. Germany, France, Italy and Indonesia were excluded as existing agency arrangements are in place within those markets until 2016 and/or 2017.
Edited by William Sykes