As more and more consumers continue to make the switch from desktop to mobile, the travel industry is ramping up efforts to keep up with the trend. Popular recommendation site, TravelRedBook.com, is one step ahead of the pack and is launching an innovative new travel app, in January 2016, called GoingPlaces. Aimed to inspire users by way of thousands of beautiful travel photos, GoingPlaces is the app to use if you’re brainstorming future travel plans, interested in unveiling new destinations and getting connected with the people who can get you there.
According to Phocuswright, 65% of travelers don’t know where they want to go 10 days before booking a trip. GoingPlaces will allow users to browse worldwide locales, recommending popular, quaint, rugged, and even hidden destinations all over the globe. GoingPlaces Marketing Associate, David Glaize explains, “GoingPlaces will make it easier to choose your next adventure. You might end up somewhere you didn’t even know existed before using the app!”
Users open the app and immediately begin exploring, sifting through photos at the ease of a swipe. Nicknamed the “Tinder of travel”, users swipe left if a photo is not appealing, swipe right if the photo interests them, and swipe up to be connected directly with that travel supplier. Users can also filter photos by destination or travel interest.
App Features Include:
– Share favorite trip ideas with friends and family, via text, email or social media.
– Discover what’s trending in the GoingPlaces community.
– Connect directly with tour operators, tourism boards, hotels, cruise lines, and more.
– Get inspired by navigating through thousands of gorgeous travel photos. Comment on photos with personal travel advice and save favorites to your profile
– Receive notifications of trip specials and other travel news.