March 2016/2015 YTD Comparisons
U.S. travel to overseas markets (1) totaled 7.516 million, up nine percent.
Regional results were:
- Europe, 2.074 million travelers, up eight percent
- Caribbean, 2.042 million travelers, up six percent
- Asia, 1.265 million travelers, up nine percent
- Central America, 840,000 travelers, up 14 percent
- Middle East, 516,000 travelers, up 11 percent
- South America, 497,000 travelers, up 19 percent
- Oceania, 200,000 travelers, up 10 percent
- Africa, 81,000 travelers, up 11 percent
U.S. travel to North American markets totaled 9.524 million, up 12 percent.
- Mexico, 7.629 million travelers, up 11 percent; air travel (2.4 million) up 16 percent
- Canada, 1.895 million travelers, up 20 percent; air travel (688,000) up 21 percent
March 2016 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locations accounted for 44 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.
- Europe, a 12 percent share;
- Caribbean, a 12 percent share;
- Asia, a seven percent share;
- Central America, a five percent share;
- South America, a three percent share;
- Middle East, a three percent share;
- Oceania, a one percent share, and
- Africa, almost a one percent share
North Americanmarkets received 56 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
- U.S. travel to Mexico 45 percent share; and
- Canada 11 percent share.