- Europe, 976,000 travelers, up five percent
- Caribbean, 688,000 travelers, up two percent
- Asia, 440,000 travelers, up nine percent
- Central America, 222,000 travelers, up six percent
- Middle East, 147,000 travelers, up one percent
- South America, 145,000 travelers, up 15 percent
- Oceania, 48,000 travelers, up 11 percent
- Africa, 27,000 travelers, up seven percent
U.S. travel to other North American markets totaled 3.14 million, up almost eight percent compared to April 2015.
- Mexico, 2.34 million U.S. travelers, up five percent; air travel (732,000) was up 11 percent. U.S. to Mexican border traffic (1+ nights, within 40 kilometers) was down one percent
- Canada, 801,000 travelers, up 14 percent; air travel (279,000) was up 23 percent
Travel to Canada and Mexico was up 11 percent for the year.
April 2016 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locations accounted for 45 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.
- Europe, a 13 percent share;
- Caribbean, a 12 percent share;
- Asia, an eight percent share;
- Central America, a five percent share;
- South America, a three percent share;
- Middle East, a three percent share;
- Oceania, a one percent share, and
- Africa, almost a one percent share
North American markets received 55 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
- U.S. travel to Mexico almost a 44 percent share; and
- Canada an12 percent share.