March 2015/2014 YTD Comparisons
U.S. travel to overseas markets (1) totaled 6.889 million, up six percent.
Regional results were:
- Europe, 1.927 million travelers, up two percent
- Caribbean, 1.927 million travelers, up 10 percent
- Asia, 1.157 million travelers, up seven percent
- Central America, 738,000 travelers, up one percent
- Middle East, 466,000 travelers, up 16 percent
- South America, 419,000 travelers, flat
- Oceania, 183,000 travelers, up five percent
- Africa, 73,000 travelers, flat
U.S. travel to North American markets totaled 8.464 million, up 11 percent.
- Mexico, 6.889 million travelers, up 12 percent; air travel (2.1 million) up eight percent
- Canada, 1.575 million travelers, up six percent; air travel (568,000) up seven percent
March 2015 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locations accounted for 45 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.
- Europe, a 13 percent share;
- Caribbean, a 13 percent share;
- Asia, an eight percent share;
- Central America, a five percent share;
- South America, a three percent share;
- Middle East, a three percent share;
- Oceania, a one percent share, and
- Africa, almost a one percent share
North American markets received 55 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
- U.S. travel to Mexico 45 percent share; and
- Canada 10 percent share.
For detailed information and data tables please visit: http://travel.trade.gov/view/