U.S. citizen outbound totaled 8.2 million travelers for the month and 43.1 million YTD
July 2015/2014 Comparisons
U.S. travel to overseas markets(1) totaled 3.6 million, up six percent in July and up five percent for the year (19.8 million). Regional monthly results were as follows:
- Europe, 1.5 million travelers, up seven percent
- Caribbean, 853,000 travelers, up four percent
- Asia, 413,000 travelers, up four percent
- Central America, 306,000 travelers, down one percent
- Middle East, 200,000 travelers, up 35 percent
- South America, 180,000 travelers, up seven percent
- Oceania, 52,000 travelers, up six percent
- Africa, 40,000 travelers, down three percent
U.S. travel to ‘other’ North American markets totaled 4.7 million and was up 13 percent compared to July 2014. Travel to Canada and Mexico for the year (23.4 million) was up nine percent.
- Mexico, 2.6 million travelers, up 13 percent; and air travel (793,000) was up 13 percent
- Canada, 2.1 million travelers, up 12 percent; air travel (499,000) was up seven percent
July 2015 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locations accounted for 46 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.
- Europe, a 17 percent share;
- Caribbean, an 11 percent share;
- Asia, a seven percent share;
- Central America, a four percent share;
- Middle East, a three percent share;
- South America, a two percent share;
- Oceania, a one percent share, and
- Africa, almost one percent share
Other North American markets received 54 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
- U.S. travel to Mexico a 38 percent share; and
- Canada a 16 percent share.