United Airlines this spring will give United Economy customers on long-haul international flights an all-new, high-quality in-flight dining experience, designed to offer travelers flavorful, complimentary meals with more substantial portions, complimentary beer and wine and a new option to purchase premium snacks.
The airline will introduce this significantly upgraded food and beverage experience June 1 on trans-Atlantic flights; service between the United States and Argentina, Brazil and Chile; and most trans-Pacific flights.
New Multi-Course Meal Service
United will expand the primary complimentary economy meal to a hearty three-course service, beginning with a beverage and snack of cheese and crackers, baked whole-grain bruschetta chips or Kiri cheese spread and crackers, followed by a generous main course served with refreshed salads and artisan bread.
Main-course meals will include new dishes designed by United’s team of chefs, including:
- Home-style turkey meatloaf in spicy barbecue sauce, served with sweet potato mash, mixed vegetables, an artisan ciabatta roll and amaranth mango salad;
- Tuscan ravioli with roasted red pepper sauce, served with a petit artisan ciabatta roll and mixed-grain salad; and
- Udon noodles with stir-fried vegetables and ginger soya sauce, served with a petit multi-grain baguette roll and apple wheatberry salad.
For the final course, customers may enjoy a premium dessert, such as gelato, sorbet, ice cream or mousse.
Complimentary Beer and Wine
United will offer beer and wine at no charge in United Economy on intercontinental flights with multi-course meal service, and each customer will receive a complimentary bottle of water to stay refreshed throughout their flight. Additionally, customers may purchase half-bottle premium wines, and United will continue to offer spirits for sale.
Choice Menu Snack Shop Expansion
The airline will also introduce snacks for purchase in United Economy on long-haul international services. Along with enjoying complimentary meals, customers will be able to purchase packaged snacks and snack boxes throughout their flights through the airline’s Choice Menu Snack Shop – currently available in United Economy on most North andCentral America flights scheduled for more than two hours, flights to and from northern South America and service between Honolulu and Guam.
Complimentary pre-arrival service will continue. Depending on the market flown, United Economy customers will receive a croissant with jam, a warmed sandwich or a hot meal served with fruit and a roll. On flights where a hot meal is available, new options, such as cinnamon-swirl French toast and a Tuscan skillet with scrambled eggs, will join current offerings.
“United is committed to improving every aspect of our customers’ experience on the ground, in the air and with every interaction,” said Sandra Pineau-Boddison, United’s senior vice president of customers. “The changes to come onJune 1 will deliver an elevated onboard experience on many of our intercontinental flights and will offer travelers the high level of service they expect from a global airline.”
The upcoming refresh is part of United’s ongoing investment in its customers’ travel experience from booking to arrival. The airline has also:
- Revamped many of its largest airport terminals – including in Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark, San Francisco, Boston and London – to provide travelers a streamlined experience from the curb to the departure gate, along with new restaurants and modern gate areas with power outlets throughout;
- Debuted an all-new complimentary food menu for United Clubs worldwide, with customers currently enjoying the new fresh and healthy options at locations in Chicago and Houston, expanding to Newark this month and other locations this year;
- Introduced delicious new premium-cabin meals and snacks on flights within North America, and expanded premium-cabin meal service to include flights of at least 800 miles;
- Replaced snack boxes with freshly prepared entrees served on chinaware, in premium cabins on United Express regional-jet service of at least 800 miles; and
- Launched Goose Island Beer Company’s award-winning Goose IPA this month on flights worldwide. To celebrate, today United and Goose Island will offer complimentary Goose IPA to customers on seven domestic flights departing Chicago O’Hare International Airport and on one flight from United’s Houston hub to London.