Virgin Australia has launched its new international business class cabin, along with a new product called Economy Space +, which is designed to make travel from Australia to the US and Middle East more comfortable and seamless.
The airline says its new flagship Business Class product ‘The Business’, new Business Class Bar and Lounge, and refreshed Premium cabin will transform the customer experience on long haul flights from Australia to Los Angeles and Abu Dhabi.
Key features of ‘The Business’ on Virgin Australia’s Boeing 777-300ER aircraft:
- 37 individual and private suites that convert into the length of a queen size bed at 80 inches;
- Reverse herringbone cabin layout, maximising privacy and enabling 100 per cent direct aisle access in a 1-2-1 configuration;
- Generous side console area providing ample space to work, multitask and store personal items, with the addition of a bedside amenity nook for easy access while resting;
- Customised triple-layer seat cushion supported by a hammock sub-frame and a turndown service with memory foam mattress toppers and high-grade cotton pillows and doonas;
- The largest in-flight entertainment screen flying between Australia and North America, with an 18 inch High Definition touch screen featuring the Virgin Australia Entertainment seatback system and a stylish new intuitive user interface;
- Luke Mangan-designed menus paired with premium wines and delivered in a fine dining experience tailored to our guests’ needs through à la carte or Express Dining options;
- Three new Signature Service elements designed to enhance Virgin Australia’s award-winning service including:
- Cocktail and Canapé Service offered prior to the first meal service with a choice of Bellini, Kir Royale or Mimosa along with a Luke Mangan-designed canapé plate;
- The new Business Class Bar and Lounge will be open after the first meal service and hosted by Business Class cabin crew, offering a selection of nibbles and bites, beer, wine and spirits as well as a hot beverage selection with petit fours; and
- Continental breakfast at the bar prior to the full breakfast service, or the opportunity to enjoy a full breakfast at the bar rather than in the suite.
- A continuation of the world-first partnership with Nespresso to be served in ‘The Business’ and the Business Class Bar and Lounge.
Virgin Australia Group CEO John Borghetti said: “Virgin Australia is committed to product innovation and delivering a superior customer journey on the ground and in the air.
Meanwhile, Economy Space + is alsready on sales and will be available for flights commencing 30 August 2016. Economy Space + can be purchased for between AUD 135 and AUD 165 one way when selecting seats through virginaustralia.com or through a travel agent.
Located in the first five rows and the exit rows of the main cabin on Virgin Australia’s Boeing 777-300ER fleet, Economy Space + features:
- Extra legroom;
- Check-in via a dedicated Premium check-in counter;
- Preferred overhead locker;
- Dedicated crew members throughout the flight;
- Guaranteed first meal choice; and
- Premium noise-cancelling headset.
Virgin Australia Chief Customer Officer, Mark Hassell said: “We are excited to launch our new Economy Space + product, providing more choice and comfort for passengers travelling in the main cabin.
“Coupled with Virgin Australia’s award-winning service , we believe Economy Space + will be very popular with a range of travellers.
“Economy Space + enables you to speed through the airport and enjoy service from dedicated crew members throughout the flight, providing great value for guests travelling to Los Angeles and Abu Dhabi,” Hassell said.
Virgin Australia flies daily from Sydney and Brisbane to Los Angeles, and three times per week from Sydney to Abu Dhabi .
Edited by William Sykes