The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) today revealed the branding for its “Visit [email protected] Golden Celebration 2017” tourism campaign.
The branding was unveiled by the 10 ASEAN heads of state at the ASEAN Summit in Vientiane, Laos today.
The new campaign will promote the twin objectives of commemorating the 50th anniversary of ASEAN in 2017, and embracing the ASEAN region of Southeast Asia as a single and united, yet diverse, tourism destination.
Further objectives of the Visit [email protected] campaign include raising international visitor arrivals to Southeast Asia from 108.9 million in 2015 to 121 million by the end of 2017 and increasing tourism receipts from USD75 billion in 2014 to USD83 billion, also by the end of next year.
Multiple activities and promotions will be announced to drive the campaign. Visit [email protected] partners will be revealed at the ITB Asia travel industry show in Singapore in October. Special travel experiences and offers will be announced at the World Travel Market in London in November.
“ASEAN’s Golden Jubilee serves as a great opportunity for our 10 member states to celebrate Southeast Asia’s strength through diversity as the world’s fastest growing tourism destination,” said Mr Thongloun Sisoulith, Prime Minister of Lao PDR and Chairman of the ASEAN Summit. “Visit [email protected] will contribute towards our vision of creating a cohesive ASEAN economy,” he said.
Key target markets for ASEAN’s 50th anniversary tourism campaign in 2017 will be long-haul markets such as Europe, Middle East and North America, as well as intra-ASEAN, China, Japan, Korea, India and Australia.
The ASEAN Tourism Competitiveness Committee, which is responsible for the tourism campaign implementation with partners, says planned [email protected] marketing activities include:
- [email protected] official launch at the ASEAN Tourism Forum early January 2017 in Singapore
- Media familiarisation trips showcasing ASEAN connectivity and multi-country travel routes
- Special tour packages with offers, special airfares, shopping discounts for travel in 2017 (details to be revealed at WTM London, November 2016)
- Campaign promotion in international travel trade shows in key source markets
- Cooperative marketing programs with travel, media and airline partners (to be announced at ITB Asia, October 2016)
- Print and online advertising, as well as TV, video and promotions
- Social media campaigns to enhance consumer engagement
- Promotional programs by ASEAN’s national tourism offices targeting trade, consumer and MICE markets throughout 2017
The 2017 50th anniversary tourism campaign is part of the ASEAN Tourism Strategic Plan 2016-2025, which was adopted by the association’s tourism ministers in Manila in January 2016.