This summer don’t let your vacation days go unused and cool off in Fort Worth, Texas. Whether you’re a visitor or local, take time off and let the Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau (FWCVB)15 in ’15 Fort Worth Summer Checklist beyour guide to adventure this season.
According to the U.S. Travel Association, Americans left unused 429 million days of paid time off last year. This cost the U.S. economy $160 billion in spending that could support 1.2 million jobs in multiple industries, from retail to manufacturing to transportation.
Fort Worth supports U.S. Travel’s “Project: Time Off” to encourage people to get away this summer, recharge and reconnect.
“Working in the tourism industry we understand the economic and personal benefits of taking time off,” said Bob Jameson, FWCVB president and CEO. “Fort Worth has many opportunities to get away this summer, from the No. 1 downtown in America to our urban recreation river and more.”
A sample of activities on the Fort Worth 15 in ’15 Summer Checklistincludes:
- Paddle board, kayak or canoe the Trinity River from our downtown beach
- Celebrate the 4th of July with North Texas’ longest fireworks show, at Panther Island Pavilion
- Ride horses along the Trinity Trails
- Get wild at the new Safari Splash at the Fort Worth Zoo
- Experience the sights and sounds of the Old West with the Stockyards Adventure Pass
Download the full checklist at www.FortWorth.com/Summer or stop by one of the FWCVB Visitor Information Centers (508 Main St. or 130 E. Exchange Ave) and pick-up a free hard copy while supplies last.
Visitors and locals are encouraged to tag photos #SeeFortWorth on Instagram and Twitter as they check items off the list all summer long.