Visit Temecula Valley and the Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association Launch First Annual People’s Choice Blind Tasting and Awards Celebration
Visit Temecula Valley (VTV), in coordination with the Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association (TVWA), today announce the first annual People’s Choice Blind Tasting and Awards, taking place on Thursday, September 29, 2016, at Galway Downs. The landmark event is part of the region’s ongoing celebration of California Wine Month throughout September 2016.
The day-long People’s Choice event will kick off with a mid-morning walk-around blind tasting of the white and red wines Temecula Valley wineries believe to be their “best” bottles. Participants will be asked to submit ratings of each wine, which will be tallied and used exclusively to determine the region’s top three favorite reds and whites. Results of the blind tasting will be announced at a wine dinner and awards celebration the same evening, recognizing the winning wines and featuring a five-course tasting menu with local wine pairings.
Tickets to the event are available in three tiers:
- The Estate Pass ($40) includes entry to the blind tasting and a commemorative tasting glass.
- The Reserve Pass ($125) includes the Estate Pass plus admission to the dinner and awards celebration.
- The Grand Reserve Pass ($195) includes the Reserve Pass plus entrance to a pre-dinner VIP winemaker reception, hosted by Temecula Valley vintners, featuring local wines and passed hors d’oeuvres, as well as a SIP Temecula Passport, which is good for tasting flights at five different wineries, Monday-Friday, including the day of the People’s Choice.
“As a region undergoing remarkable change, we want to create an event that invites consumers to not only enjoy our wines, but be part of the story we are telling here,” said Devin Parr, Wine Country Marketing Director for Temecula Valley Southern California Wine Country. “By asking visitors and locals, ‘what do you like best?’ we are hoping to both learn something about them, and draw from that information as we continue to produce quality wines here in Temecula Valley.”
The People’s Choice event is part of Temecula Valley’s celebration of California Wine Month, Visit California’s promotion of the wines produced throughout the state. Additional activities and programs throughout September include:
- CRUSH – A wine and culinary showcase featuring 100+ wines poured by more than 30 Temecula Valley wineries, as well as gourmet bites from local restaurants and caterers. Saturday, September 17 at Wiens Family Cellars
- “Crush on Temecula Wines” – A restaurant month for wine, in which local restaurants will be featuring special tasting flights of Temecula Valley wines. September 1-30 at participating restaurants
- SIP Temecula Wine Tasting Passport – The Wine Month edition, offered throughout September, includes five visits to participating wineries, Monday through Friday, as well as a special Wine Month commemorative glass. Ongoing at participating wineries
“Temecula Valley is ready to show the wine community that we’re not just making good wine here in Temecula; we’re making great wine,” said Phil Baily, owner and winemaker at Baily Vineyard and Winery, and TVWA enology chair. “The People’s Choice Awards, CRUSH, and all of our Wine Month programs will underscore this message to new and seasoned wine enthusiasts, and inspire those ‘aha’ moments in wine lovers of all types.”
For more information about Temecula Valley Wine Month, visit http://www.winemonth.org.