Whitewater Raft, Camp, Hike, Helicopter: Grand Canyon West Unveils New 2 Day Colorado River Paddle Rafting/camping Tour of a Lifetime
PEACH SPRINGS, AZ Hualapai River Runners and Grand Canyon West, subsidiaries of the Grand Canyon Resort Corporation, have unveiled a unique new tourism experience for 2016: A guided two day weekend tour of the Grand Canyon’s West Rim. The new tour lets adventurers whitewater raft the Colorado River, campout overnight in Spencer Canyon and take a helicopter tour above the West Rim.
“This is the only two day rafting trip in the Grand Canyon. It’s unique and it lets people experience the treasure of the Grand Canyon,” said Earlene Havatone, the General Manager for Hualapai River Runners. “This trip is also compact, with all the experiences of the longer trips but the convenience of two days.”
Located just two hours from Las Vegas and four hours from Phoenix, Grand Canyon West offers visitors a variety of outdoor and cultural experiences, including the Skywalk, Colorado River raft tours helmed by Hualapai River Runners certified guides, helicopter tours, and horseback riding. Lodging opportunities include the Hualapai Lodge, located on historic Route 66. Grand Canyon West also offers the Hualapai Ranch, with its rustic, westernthemed cabins overlooking the Canyon Rim. All the Grand Canyon West tourism experiences pay homage to
the culture and history of the Hualapai Tribe, which owns and operates the Grand Canyon Resort Corporation for the benefit of tribal members and the surrounding economy.
The itinerary includes:
- ❏ Check in at the Hualapai Lodge on Route 66 in Peach Springs.
- ❏ Trip Briefing at 6pm
- ❏ Transportation down the only road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
- ❏ Paddle rafting along the Colorado River’s whitewater rapids.
- ❏ Hike to Travertine Falls for lunch along the river.
- ❏ Paddle trip to Separation Canyon.
- ❏ Campout and dinner at Spencer Canyon.
- ❏ Breakfast and motorized Colorado River rafting.
- ❏ Helicopter tour to the top of the Grand Canyon
- ❏ An optional tour of Grand Canyon Skywalk.
- ❏ Transportation back to Hualapai Lodge.
Media fam tours of all Hualapai River Runners experiences are available. To arrange an interview or a media tour, or to request photos, please contact David Leibowitz at 602-317-1414.