Bringing in the first day of winter with a bang, Australia’s premier snow resort, Thredbo, has received 30cm of snow at the peak over the past 12 hours and also seen 10cm settle all the way down in the Village. As the resort readies itself for the 2015 winter season which kicks off this Saturday, the temperatures are looking perfect for a week filled with snowmaking, leading into a weekend of fun and excitement on the mountain.
Famous for its season opener, Thredbo will officially kick off the 2015 snow season this weekend with a massive schedule of skiing & snowboarding, music, entertainment, food, fun and activities for all ages. Highlights include a free outdoor concert featuring The Preatures and Crooked Colours, hot pool parties, a spectacular fireworks display and the annual outdoor Thredbo Village Long Lunch.
This winter at Thredbo, it’s all about getting everyday Australians and their families and friends to come down and enjoy the magic of snow – especially if it’s their first time. A resort awarded1 for its family-friendly features, events and programs, Thredbo makes planning a snow holiday easy with packages and experiences tailored specifically to first-timers and families. Key highlights include:
- A free snow play area where kids and families can build snowmen, go tobogganing, tubing or have a snowball fight – no ski pass required
- Discounted kids pricing that applies to everyone under 18
- Kids Ski Free2 periods during the season
- Kids Ski and Stay Free2 accommodation packages
- A dedicated beginners area which has been extended for the 2015 winter season; and
- The Torah Bright Beginner’s Pack which includes lift passes, lessons and equipment rental