Please be aware there will be a ticker-tape parade in honor of the USA Women’s Soccer Team World Cup victory on Friday, July 10th, 2015. The City of New York is dedicated to providing as much information as possible to make sure residents and business owners of the area are as well informed about this event as possible. The purpose of this communication is to inform everyone of the details of this event and any changes to normal operations in the area.
- The parade will begin at Broadway and Battery Place in Lower Manhattan at 11:00am and proceed northbound on Broadway, turn on Worth Street, and end at Lafayette & Duane Streets.
- NYPD will begin street closings on Broadway (and the surrounding area) at approximately 10:00am, before the start of the parade.
- “No Parking” will be in effect beginning at 12:00am, Friday, July 10th, 2015. Any cars remaining will be towed and relocated, if your car is towed please call 311 for more information.
- The Brooklyn Bridge (Manhattan Bound) Centre Street exit will be closed during the duration of the parade. The Park Row entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge will also be closed during this time. Anyone looking for access to the Brooklyn Bridge should use the Frankfort Street/Pearl Street entrance.
- Deliveries will be restricted for all businesses and residences in the area beginning Thursday July, 9th, at 10:00PM and will not resume until Friday, July 10th, at 5:00pm
- Pedestrians will be able to cross Broadway at the following locations: Exchange Alley (East Bound Only), Wall St-Rector (West Bound Only), Cedar Street, Cortland St/ Maiden Lane, Fulton Street, Reade Street & Leonard St
- The MTA will have train service changes, and may close certain subway entrances and exits in the area. Due to street closures many MTA buses may be re-routed. The MTA is making every effort to communicate this information to their customers. Please see the attached document with the parade day service plan, and you can visit the MTA website for any additional information at http://www.mta.info/
Should you have any further questions regarding this event, please contact 311.