Booking.com, the world’s number one accommodation site, today unveils The Booking’s Best Awards – an exclusive award that goes to only 260 accommodations out of a possible 600,000 – as decided by over 40 million real, relevant and recent customer reviews. Whether it’s the tastiest breakfast, an off the beaten track stay or just plain value for money, The Booking’s Best Awards recognise that it’s the little things that can make or break a holiday.
The Australia accommodations included amongst the global Booking’s Best winners are:
- Baudins of Busselton B&B – Busselton, WA (Best Bed & Breakfast, Best of Mature Couples & Best of Oceania)
- Maleny Traditional B&B – Maleny, QLD (Best Bed & Breakfast, Best of Oceania)
- Walton House B&B – Huonville, TAS (Best of Oceania)
- Rosevillehouse B&B – Maleny, QLD (Best of Oceania)
- Burns Beach B&B – Perth, WA (Best of Oceania)
- Bellerive House – Hobart, TAS (Best of Oceania)
- Jadan Cottages – Broken Hill, NSW (Best of Oceania)
The Booking’s Best Awards enable potential travellers to find the right accommodation right now with help from the experiences and insights of fellow travellers. In addition to winning spots on the coveted lists, each Booking’s Best Awarded accommodation receives a badge of distinction that is featured on the property’s individual Booking.com page, as well as being featured on a dedicated Booking’s Best Awards website which lists all the awarded accommodation: www.booking.com/bookingsbest. The page helps users easily discover and book the award winning properties of their choice.
The Booking’s Best Awards spotlight accommodation highly rated by real reviewers according to specific criteria, including:
- Region – Global, Off the Beaten Path, Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East & Caucasus, North America, Oceania, South & Central America
- Accommodation Type – Apartments, B&Bs, Farm stays, Hostels, Hotels, Resorts, Tents & Camping, Villas
- Traveller Type – Families, Groups, Mature Couples, Solo Travellers, Young Couples
- Best of Rest – Breakfast, Business, Hall of Fame, Value
This year, Booking.com has expanded its Booking’s Best Awards by also recognising accommodations which offer that extra something special to their guests, from the most delicious cocktails, the best freebies or even amazing towel origami. These unique and fun ‘Booking.yeah’ accommodations show how every traveller differs in what makes their stay truly memorable, and were determined by digging into the wealth of travel insights provided by Booking.com reviewers. This selection of accolades highlights the incredible breadth and diversity of the reviews, which includes Best View, Best Freebies, Best Towel Origami, Best Infinity Pool and Best Cocktails.
Whether it’s a ‘Singapore Sling’ or a ‘Rhubarbara Streisand’ that tickles your taste buds, the Booking’s Best Awards, as voted by over 40 million reviewers in 2014, will tell you where to stay to sample the best cocktails the world’s accommodation can offer. Similarly, if it’s a breath-taking view that drives your stay options, then Booking’s Best will help you find the perfect location to take in the most spectacular sights from the comfort of your own accommodation.
In Australia, travellers have rated Crescent Motel in Taree amongst those accommodations offering the best towel origami, while Martinique Whitsunday Resort in Airlie Beach has been rated to have one of the world’s best infinity pools.
“The Awards provide a strong indication of the quality accommodation options available on Booking.com across Australia and around the world,” said Booking.com Australia Regional Manager Alberto Yates. “We encourage people to continue to provide guest reviews on Booking.com to accurately reflect their experiences and share this with us as we are then able to leverage the insights gained from each experience and identify what makes a property unique and what makes a guest’s stay extra special.”