accommodations in Australia that allow pets. The list features highly-rated hotels, bed and breakfasts as well as specialty lodging for travellers and their furry best friends, according to reviews on TripAdvisor.
Queensland gained the biggest victory by securing seven out of the top 10 properties. This is followed by Western Australia, Northern Territory and Victoria which clinched one property each.
“With the school holidays just around the corner and the availability of various pet-allowed accommodations highly-rated by TripAdvisor travellers, you will be able to bring the entire family, including your beloved pet interstate for a short, guilt-free holiday,” said Jean Ow-Yeong, TripAdvisor spokesperson.
In Port Douglas, Mai Tai Resort took the second place with a TripAdvisor traveller remarking, “Even the dogs made us feel welcome, bounding down to meet us when we went onto the veranda in the mornings for breakfast.”
In Sunshine Coast, Mapleton Falls Accomodation was in third place, with a TripAdvisor traveller who wrote, “How hard is it to find a spot to recharge your batteries without having to leave your little four legged furry friend behind? The answer is easy, Mapleton Falls Accommodation.”
Australia’s top pet-allowed accommodations1:
1. Countrywide Cottages, Bambra
2. Mai Tai Resort, Port Douglas
3. Mapleton Falls Accommodation, Sunshine Coast
4. Billabong Bed & Breakfast, Cairns Region
5. Cooroy Country Cottages, Sunshine Coast
6. The Bay Bed and Breakfast, Fraser Coast
7. Nigana Bed and Breakfast, Cairns Region
8. Diamond Forest Cottages, Pemberton
9. Moonshadow Villas, Top End
10. Villa Marine, Cairns Region