Nestled in amongst lush tropical gardens with breathtaking views of the Gulf of Thailand, health retreat Chiva-Som undeniably lives up to its literal meaning ‘haven of life’.
For the sixth year in a row Chiva-Som was listed as the best overseas health and wellness property in Luxury Travel Magazines Gold List for 2012.
Dr. Kampol, holistic health expert and practitioner, highly recommends Chiva-Som to anyone looking to make a positive change to their life. ‘Chiva-Som has extensive personalized programs with over 150 treatments that focus on greater wellbeing and vitality, each tailored to suit individual needs’.
Dr. Kampol shares his top 10 wellbeing tips.
1. Reduce Stress - Laugh more and think positive thoughts for at least 30 minutes a day and gradually build up time developing positive thought patterns on a daily basis.
2. Protect Yourself from Pollution - Keep plants in your home and office. If you can’t live in a pollution-free environment, take regular trips to the country side.
3. Keep a Positive Mental Outlook - Smile, be happy and keep a cheerful outlook on life. Compliment someone, make others smile and never leave home without finding something about yourself to feel confident about. If you find that you’re feeling low, meditate and clear out old energy that might contain negativity about someone or something that you’ve experienced recently.
4. Move More - Find ways to be as active as possible. Staying active doesn’t always mean dedicating hours at the gym; we can find simple ways to move our body in doing constructive and relaxing activities. Take the stairs, walk the dog, play with children and enjoy sports with friends. Through movement we overcome stagnation of energy, clear mental blockages and relieve stress.
5. Cut out Fat - Avoid the obvious such as fried foods, burgers and other fatty meats. Eat low fat versions of dairy products and avoid cream. Limit portions of nuts, mayonnaise, cold meats, butter, margarine and sauces and find healthier lower fat versions.
6. Avoid Alcohol - While you may be having a glass of wine or one drink every other day, always be mindful to allow your body to detox and recover more frequently. Excessive alcohol intake can depress the immune system over time and could lead to health problems such as liver and kidney disease and cancer. Doing seasonal detoxes helps to cleanse and revitalize the vital organs.
7. Brush Your Teeth - Be confident with your smile especially when talking to others and don’t be afraid to laugh more. Brush and Floss your teeth after each meal to maintain good oral and dental hygiene.
8. Make Something - Get your creative energy going by making things and developing your artistic side. Cook with new or old favourite recipes, build, paint, write, sew, recycle something, put a photo album together, or if you like, plant some seeds and don’t forget to water them!
9. Have a Smoothie - Be adventurous and enjoy the healthy delight of a vegetable smoothie. These are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and contain fiber to keep you regular and less prone to snacking as compared to the juice option. Have fun in making your own smoothies, you can try different combinations of fruit and veg to suit your tastebuds.
10. Drink Water - Obvious, you might say, but you’d be surprised at how easily one dehydrates in heated and air conditioned environments. Try to include boiled water to clear your complexion or in the form of caffeine-free natural herbal teas to help improve your digestion and soothe your mind.
For further information about Chiva-Som or to make a booking, please contact Travel the World on 1300 950 622 or visit www.traveltheworld.com.au.